Zoo Plugin - Mob de-spawning?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by CherryJimbo, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Offline

CherryJimbo

Hello,

On my Minecraft server, we have been wanting to start a Zoo. For the past few hours we have been searching high and low for any plugins that'll allow such a thing, and have tried multiple different plugins including MonsterTamer, which is said to not despawn friendly mobs. I've found various other request threads where different people have said to be working on something, but none seem to get released.

What we simply need is a plugin that can set certain mobs not to despawn, even if no one is on the server, or near them.

Does anyone know of something that could do this? Or could something be created?

Thanks for reading.

2. Offline

Wakko

While not what you want, there's plug-ins that give you spawners for different creatures. Just hide those in the habitats and they'll spawn when a player is near. (Keep in the area and make sure there's no way they can spawn out of the habitat.)
    A temporary fix at least. :)

3. Offline

CherryJimbo

Thanks for the reply.

I did see the mob-spawner like plugins, and although they'd be a temporary fix, I really want to have more control over the despawning and creation of the mobs.