Zombie Hunt - Mini Game for 1.11.2

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by AgainstTheNight, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AgainstTheNight

-Zombie Hunt-

NOTE: This is a rough idea and can be made however you'd like. Minigames like this tend to take a bit of tweaking to get it balanced correctly. However, if that doesn't discourage you then please carry on reading my idea.

The Idea:

The players left click a villager to bring up a Game Menu GUI with the title ZOMBIE HUNT (&4). The rotten flesh graphic would be used for buttons in the menus. When hovering over the buttons you will get the following information:

Map: name_of_map

Players: players_joined/maximum_players

Waiting for Players

or

Starting in X Seconds

or

UNAVAILABLE

Left clicking on the relevant flesh graphic will teleport you to that game’s lobby. In the game’s lobby, you will see a sidebar graphic like so:

ZOMBIE HUNT

Waiting for Players

Score: player_score

or

ZOMBIE HUNT

Starting in X Seconds

Once the lobby reaches the minimum players needed (customizable), it triggers a 10 second countdown (this allows others to join). After the countdown, you would teleport players to the game’s starting point and the grace period (customizable) would begin. This allows players to get distance from one and other. The side bar will now show the top 5 scores in that game for the duration of the match. It should look like this:

ZOMBIE HUNT

Players: players_alive

Zombies: players_infected

Outbreak in X Seconds

LEADERBOARD

1. player_first
    2. player_second
    3. player_third
    4. player_fourth
    5. player_fifth
    or

ZOMBIE HUNT

Stay Alive for X Seconds

LEADERBOARD

1. player_first
    2. player_second
    3. player_third
    4. player_fourth
    5. player_fifth

or

ZOMBIE HUNT

Infect Survivors for X Seconds

LEADERBOARD

1. player_first
    2. player_second
    3. player_third
    4. player_fourth
    5. player_fifth
    With 5 seconds of grace time left, 1 in 10 players are chosen randomly as zombies. The zombies are given a slowness effect for those 5 seconds left only. Then once the grace period is over, the (customizable) outbreak period begins. The chosen zombies are given the zombie skin and can then infect others.

Every second you are alive (in the outbreak period), you gain 1 point for every zombie in the game.

Example: 46 zombies = 46 points per second

Every second you are infected (in the outbreak period), you lose 30 points per second.

Touching a survivor whilst being a zombie, will turn them into a zombie also. On Infect, the infector steals 45% of the infectee’s score. 1000 points are awarded to survivors of the round.

If all survivors die before the end of the game, it will display “ZOMBIES WIN!” and end early.

If anyone survives the whole round, then “SURVIVORS WIN!” displays. At the end of the game all players are teleported to a return point.

Death would need to be disabled. Also new players would get 1000 points to start.

Speed:

The score of the player defines the speed multiplier to a radio of 1:1000 (SPEED VALUE:SCORE).

/effect {PLAYER NAME} 1 {TIME REMAINING} {SPEED VALUE 1-20}

Example: 6743 score = 6 speed value

13050 score = 13 speed value

Max speed value: 20

Shop:

Pill: One use, lowers chance of becoming a zombie in that round. Costs: 200

Iron Sword: (Knockback 1) Costs: 2000

Bow (Punch 1) Costs: 5000

Fishing Rod Costs: 1500

64 Arrows Costs: 500

ALL ITEMS ARE DROPPED WHEN INFECTED.

Command Name Ideas:

/ResetZ all – Resets all scores to 1000 by default

/ResetZ player_name – Resets player’s score to 1000 by default

/SetZStart lobby_name – Sets the starting spawn point for the round.

/SetZLobby lobby_name – Sets the spawn point for the lobbies.

/CreateZ lobby_name – Adds the game to the game menu gui and generates a world linked to it.

/SetZMin lobby_name – Sets the minimum players needed to trigger the starting countdown for the round.

/SetZMax lobby_name – Sets the maximum players for the lobby.

/SetZOutbreak lobby_name time – Sets the game’s outbreak time.

/SetZGrace lobby_name time – Sets the game’s grace time.

/SetZReturn lobby_name – Sets the game’s end spawn point.

/setZShop – Spawns villager shop in front of you.

/SetZMenu – Spawns a villager for the lobby menu gui in front of you.

I'm sorry, if there are any spelling mistakes or errors. If you are interested, please let me know. Many thanks for reading.

Jon (AgainstTheNight)

2. Interesting Idea, i would like to work on that. (Maybe i can get some Time..)

Whom gets the Speed effect?

3. Offline

AgainstTheNight

The speed effect is given to every player. But the speed value is different for each player as it reflects the player's score.
    So 1000 points = 1 speed value. The plugin would have to monitor (and save) the score of each player to a file stored on the server. Then it would update your speed multiplier whenever it reaches the next increment of 1000. I'd also like it save the weapons people buy/pickup until they get infected (at which point the item/s drop).

4. Thats no Problem

5. Offline

AgainstTheNight

Great! Let me know if you decide to take on this task. It would be awesome to get it running on my server. Thanks again for your interest.

6. Well i got some other Projects too, that i have to start soon.. and my time is limited..
    But this project seems very Interesting, so i will overthink my Time-management ^^

7. Offline

AgainstTheNight

I have had many ideas for a Minecraft minigame, but this one just seems so new and refreshing. So I'd be really happy if you could find the time for this. Thanks.

8. Offline

AgainstTheNight

Is anyone interested in this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.