Solved Your configuration must be fixed before PEX will enable Details: Error loading permissions file!

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by TheoM, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheoM

I tired starting my server but PEX wouldn't work.

Help is greatly appreciated. :)

Attached Files:

2. Offline

PenguinOwl

Space out your file correctly, YML is very tough on spacing (e.g no tabs). Also you do not not say permission: true, you just say permission. If you want to do a permission and all it's children, you do permission.*, not permission.

3. Offline

TheoM

I tried and then this popped up everytime I reopened it.
    "
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[11:38:18 WARN]: Server permissions file permissions.yml is not valid YAML: while parsing a block mapping

in 'reader', line 1, column 1:

groups:

^

expected <block end>, but found BlockEntry

in 'reader', line 6, column 1:

- bukkit.broadcast: true
    "

I tried deleting the command they said, not much happened

Thanks for trying to help

4. Offline

FrostDevStudios

@TheoM
    If you are trying to use PEX, you do not need to edit your server's permission.yml file... If you look inside of the PEX directory (located inside of your plugin's folder). There is a permissions.yml you need to edit there

Also, Why are you adding ':true' to all your permissions? if you don't want a user to have a certain permissions, just don't put it in their group.

5. Offline

TheoM

Oh, I'll copy paste to change that. Do I leave my servers yml file blank. Thanks for the help

6. Offline

FrostDevStudios

@TheoM
    I believe the default file only has [] inside of it

7. Offline

TheoM

It worked, thank you so much, the responses were really fast

8. Offline

FrostDevStudios

@TheoM
    Not A Problem, Please Make sure you mark this thread as solved

Thread Status: