YamlConfiguration list of allowed characters

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by blablubbabc, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blablubbabc

Hey,
    I am searching for some kind of list of allowed characters that can be used inside a String (Edit: more precise , a list of strings ) inside a YamlConfiguration.

What I want to achieve with that, is:
    A Player shall be able to save a (list of) string/s inside a YamlConfiguration via commands etc., but before it is actual saved I want to check this input and replace characters that could lead into yaml errors during the loading.. (characters like '.' or ':'for example I think)

Any suggestions ?
    bla

2. Offline

gomeow

If you put the string into quotes, you can have those characters

Example: ":"

3. Offline

blablubbabc

Hm, but what is with lists? If I want to put a list of strings into a YAMLConfig like:
    PHP:
    ArrayList<String> list = new ArrayList<String>();       
    list.
    add("10:Balls:332:0:15");
    list.
    add("50:Balls:332:0:65");
    list.
    add("100:Balls:332:0:120");

config.set("some.node", list);
    I am very sure I had problems there with ':', and also with '|' , thats the reason I now use '-' as seperator.

In the current case I also have lists of strings, but random players can put stuff there via commands, so I would like to have it save..

4. Offline

fireblast709

I think if you would use that snippet, the YAML parser would just wrap the String in quotes

5. Offline

blablubbabc

So I donÄt have to fear any input from users inserting a String into this list ?

6. Offline

fireblast709

You should not have to fear that. I assume the YAML parser would handle that perfectly fine :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.