xp system rules?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by undeadmach1ne, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

undeadmach1ne

is it documented anywhere how this new xp system is supposed to work? is bukkits implementation of it different than vanilla? i made a little plugin that shows your current/total xp, your level and did some testing...i killed a few mobs to get some xp and checked my stats with my plugin, then /kill myself and check again, and i got more and more every time i died (by /kill). i was under the impression we were supposed to lose lvls or current xp or something for dying...i only did a quick series of tests last night (more tonight i guess, and working with the new stuff thats getting added (getDroppedExp)) here is the output of the plugin:

Code:
    2011-09-21 05:40:25 [INFO] [ExpDisplay] current xp: 25
    total xp: 85
    level: 3
    2011-09-21 05:42:41 [INFO] [ExpDisplay] current xp: 27
    total xp: 127
    level: 4
    2011-09-21 05:43:11 [INFO] [ExpDisplay] current xp: 40
    total xp: 190
    level: 5
    2011-09-21 05:44:13 [INFO] [ExpDisplay] current xp: 5
    total xp: 285
    level: 7
    also, i am almost positive that when i respawned all my xp was in place, and that picking up my orbs didnt add to my score, but instead just made orbs swirl around me, obscuring my vision until i died/relogged/respawned...is that really how its supposed to work? i only had about 15 mins for all this (updating the test server to 1.8, writing the plugin and testing it) cause it was getting really late...i was also tired so i may have missed some details...more testing tonight, but for now i figure ill try to ask about it here. if anyone has any solid info on what happens/is supposed to happen, feel free to share :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.