X-ray/Ore Finding Plugin For Staff

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Ilinalta, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin Name: XraySpy (Could be anything appropriate)

What I want: What I'd like is a plugin which allows a staff member to do /xray, which then turns ores in an area (radius defined in the config file) into coloured glass blocks or their block counterparts (diamond ore to diamond block, etc.) - but without changing stone into a see-through block. This should only happen client side, for the person who ran the command.

Why do I want this?: I want to be able to watch players in gm 3 (spectator mode) whilst showing the tunnels a player has made AND the ores surrounding the player's tunnels. I've found 3 or 4 plugins which allow me to do /xray that show only ores, but also removes the visible tunnels through stone made by a player (everything but the ores gets turned invisible - I don't want this). I'd also like to be able to float about freely in gm 3 whilst watching them (some plugins made me stick to one spot whilst an area is x-rayed).

I essentially just want everything to look as it does normally in spectator mode, but with any surrounding ores shown when the command is run. Staff should need a permission to run the command and the radius of the affected area where ores are shown should be changeable in the config file.

I could set up a demonstration of what I'd like to see through a screenshot if required and post on this thread.

When I'd like it by: ASAP (ideally in the next few days, but whenever is fine)

Many thanks!

2. Offline

Horsey

I've done this for you, and I've made the plugin 100% customizable :)

The plugin is located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xz8msjfqo7814h/Xray.jar?dl=0

Please note that I reserve the right to post the plugin publicly at any time.

Alright, so just a basic explanation of the command, permission and config options:

Command : /xray - Permission: xray.use

Config:

Basic options:
    affected-size: the size of blocks affected by this command.​

Advanced options:
    change-blocks: detailed instructions can be found in the config; basically you make the file look like this:
    ORIGINAL_BLOCK: -- The original material
    material: NEW_BLOCK -- the new material
    data: 0-15 -- color for colorable blocks.
    -- repeat as required --
    NOTE: the plugin requires the exact block name, a guide is present at https://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/comments/5kew9g/is_there_a_translation_guide_somewhere_between/dbngaac/

Ilinalta likes this.
  3. This works excellent! Exactly what I needed and no problems with it too - customising the block changes was easy. Other server owners/admins would find this very handy for watching hackers. Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.