WTF has my Eclipse done to itself?!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NeoSilky, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NeoSilky

So decided to nip on this morning for a quick look at my code, and it started up okay, then it came up in the anvigator with some stupid folders which you only get when you decompile the code i believe. Heres a screenshot: Capture.PNG

Now all my code is spamming errors if i try to move it back to its original Project > src > package> class setup. :|

Anyone got any ideas? :)

EDIT: i noticed that if i change the perspective type to Java EE, it comes up okay, but then its not the same as the Java :/

2. Offline

Kaikz

Have you even checked to see what the errors are?

3. Offline

NeoSilky

Well, fromt he picture you can see they are in the .settings, bin and src folders, i tried to delete the first two and then move all the code into on package because atm its in the 4 subdirectories inside each other :/

4. Offline

Kaikz

I only see errors in the src folder/s. It'd still be easier to know what the actual errors are.

5. Offline

NeoSilky

Okay, so my BlockBlock code setup Capture2.PNG

I managed to get the folders deleted, but i had to copy and paste the class into my me.neosilky.BlockBlock, and they say they cant find their other class' lik the entity, block, players listeners and the main class. Even if i could get it working, i still would have to do that for them all :|

6. Offline

Kaikz

The me folder is in the BlockBlock folder, as are your classes, so it won't find them, they're not in the right package.

This is my Eclipse MCP setup (I actually use packages):
    [​IMG]

7. Offline

NeoSilky

i know that, but even when ive just moved them, it doesn't work. :/

Either way, why's it done this? :S

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  8. Offline

ZNickq

Yeah,eclipse was doing shit to me too...switched to netbeans, and i'm happy! :)

9. Offline

Lolmewn

try these things:
    1. Select all, press F5
    2. OR check if your java install is still correct
    3. Re-install eclipse and go work in your old workspace (if you had plugins, aww :'( )

10. Offline

saul100

he can always save them as zip files and then re-import them.

11. Offline

Lolmewn

Ye, he probally can.

12. Offline

thescreem

Simple solution: Go to Window -> Show View -> Package Explorer
    The package explorer will open up and you will have what Kaikz took a picture of.

You can also close the Navigator if you want to.

NeoSilky likes this.
  13. Offline

NeoSilky

Thank you!!!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.