Wrong port returner

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by turtlelink2, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Offline

turtlelink2

I recently changed the port my server is running on from 6119 to 25565 and what I was wondering is: can somone make a plugins that replies to a join request on the wrong port with "wrong port, the new one is (serverIP)"? Not for anyport, just 6119

EG user logs in with serverip:6119
    instead of returning "unknown host" it returns "wrong port! just type (serverip).

BUMP​

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  2. Offline

zok

3. Offline

turtlelink2

that would work, but seems memory intense for such a simple task

4. Offline

zok

yeah tought so to but set priority to low if your using windows i used windows now linux i had a laggy shit server and no its no lag with mobs and animals and website and ftp ect.. :D

5. Offline

Edward Hand

6. Offline

turtlelink2

Thank you il try this out right away =D

Hmmm the ports unchangable, it keeps rewriting the value to 9999 when I change it...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  7. Offline

Edward Hand

oops. Redownload. fixed now.

8. Offline

turtlelink2

awesome, works now...one final request instead of the "Please connect to new port:25565" message can you make it customizable because 25565 is the default port can it say somthing like this instead? "Please connect to Turtleserverplay.tk"? I know I am asking alot =P

9. Offline

Edward Hand

Ok. Done.
    you will need to add a new line to the config file (or delete it and it will regenerate correctly):
    Code:
    server: 'your.server.url'

10. Offline

turtlelink2

your the bestest person ever =D that's exactly what I wanted, now people wont quit just because they don't read announcements =/

11. Offline

zok

Cool :D

12. Offline

Hafnium

Maybe it would be simpler to make a MC server simulator that just blocks anyone from connecting with a set message. Only would use cpu when someone was trying to connect.

13. Offline

Edward Hand

That's what I did! (see previous posts)