World's seed changed?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Maestroshnitzel, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Maestroshnitzel

hello, I've recently noticed a strange problem on my server. Parts of the world that were a certain biome when they were generated, are now a completely different biome. I know because we have a plugin that shows the name of the biome the player is currently in, and it rains in places that should have snow, and sometimes snows in places that should have rain. Also, I've noticed huge totally flat walls that have completely different terrain on either sides. It's almost as if the world's seed was changed, which could explain the flat walls and screwed-up biomes. Does anyone know the cause of this? Is there any possible way to fix the biomes? Thanks.

Oh, and we use TCAdmin with our server, and currently have b860. I have no idea what build we had when the problem started.
    Our plugins are:

AppleTreePlugin
    BigBrother
    Citizens
    ControllerBlock
    Elevators
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsSpawn
    FenceStack
    Gastronomic
    GastronomicWater
    GeoCacher
    iConomy
    Locker
    MagicCarpet
    Movecraft
    Permissions
    PorteCoulissante
    SimpleSpleef
    Stargate
    ThisBiome
    Turnstile
    War
    WeatherGod
    WorldEdit
    We also had Multiverse and Towny when the problem started

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Lolmewn

I have same problem, need help aswell!

3. Offline

Bill Warner

Same issue here it seems like my current seed and original seed are messed up. I get biomes in the wrong places (snow in desert rain in old snow areas etc...) and worldedit's regen doesn't work right as the new chunks it generates are wrong (forests in desert or mountains in flatlands etc...) Anyone know of a way to fix this?

you can see some of this from our dynmap:

http://mc.bongaming.com/maps/#

4. Offline

Lolmewn

I had the same, but I regened my whole world (whatever).

5. Offline

Bill Warner

I had done that once, and it's happened again. I'd really rather not put my players through another migration if at all possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.