World's Online Players Sign

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shacher, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ¿Can anybody do one plugin that shows in a sign how many users are in a select world?
    I need to be compatible with MultiVerse 2.
    "/mv who" shows the name of all players in all worlds but I need to aplicate in to a sign and updating when one person leaves or enter in the world.

One example would be like in the image.
    View attachment 13312

2. Offline

chistian95

Cool idea :D I hope someone could do that

3. Offline

Faith

Wouldn't be too difficult. But unfortunately, I don't have to to take on this project so if anyone wants to take this on and needs a hand, PM me and I'll try to help you out! Good luck getting a developer.

4. Offline

jacklin213

Does it have to be on a sign or can u use a command to trigger it eg) /<command> [world]

5. Offline

Faith

He says he has Multiverse and knows you can use /mv who but he wants it on a sign.

6. Offline

Rockon999

I'm attempting to do it.. but I'm not using multiverse... I'm just getting the amount of players in the world... is that an issue?

Ok, when you place the sign it changes the text to the world name and player number... now to get it to update with the PlayerJoinEvent, PlayerQuitEvent, and PlayerChangedWorldEvent :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  7. I changed the name of the thread to one better. WOPS xD

8. Offline

whitehooder

That shouldn't be an issue ;)

9. I think that this pluging would help people because sometimes you want to enter into one pvp world but it is empty and you didn't know really how full is that world before entering.

10. Offline

UltiFix

11. Offline

whitehooder

I won't take this one from you as well, but tell me if you (don't have time || don't want to || give up)
    See what I did there? :p

12. Offline

Rockon999

lol

I use this these as a way to learn more about Bukkit. So while helping others, I help myself. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

UltiFix

Im sorry but that doesnt make a lot of sense....

14. Offline

Rockon999

It makes perfect sense... I give people the plugin they want, and in the process I learn more about Bukkit.. and how to do certain things :|

15. Offline

UltiFix

Oh that makes sense! LOL

16. Offline

whitehooder

Can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but in my opinion, it makes complete sense. It's one of the reasons I'm at these forums.

muffinjello likes this.
  17. Offline

UltiFix

ok... But I think we are getting of topic here....... I was to sorry.

18. Offline

Rockon999

Well.. I've done it.. but /back screws up the signs. Hm...

PluginName: WorldCountSign
    Using It: Write [OnlinePlayers] or [WCS] on the second line of a sign
    Configuration: DO NOT EDIT THIS, If you mess up the SignNumber the plugin won't function right!
    Commands: NONE
    Permissions: NONE
    Known Bugs: Using /back between worlds will mess up some of the World Signs.
    Tested With: Bukkit Beta 1.5.1 and Essential's /world command
    Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/llqhfncfjrj031z/WCS.jar

19. Dont worry about /back command at the moment because in our server they can't do that command. :)
    I will test it later and I will post the results.

See you later.

I tried the plugin and it goes well but what I want is the same but I need to choose the world, because I want to put the sign in the spawn before entering the portal.

20. Offline

Rockon999

oh... ok
    I'll add that when I get home

21. Offline

Rockon999

er.. Tank you've done something wrong. And also.. what this plugin does is it gets the amount of players in the world the sign is in. I honestly can't tell you why it'd say 18 people..... and [OnlinePlayers] works fine for me. What CB build are you using?

22. Still waiting... :p

23. Offline

Rockon999

I'm working on it... The only issue is the world can't not exist... but I'll prob. finish tonight

24. Offline

UltiFix

Is it done yet? lol

25. Offline

Rockon999

:O Oh gosh.. I've been so busy... I forgot about this.. sorry I'll quick finish it up...

26. Offline

UltiFix

Oh ok Thanks! Tag me when its done!

27. Offline

ivmoriginal

Subscribed to this thread, cant wait for the new version to be released :) I also need a plugin which allows me to put signs in front of a group of portals, each showing how many players are online in the specific world. And preferably being able to edit colors/boldness of the sign content would be nice! Ideally the sign content would look like this:

ImagineCraft
    Survival
    32/250
    ImagineCraft
    Creative
    16/250
    ImagineCraft
    Events
    0/250

28. Offline

UltiFix

So this is almost done right?

29. Offline

Rockon999

Ok I COMPLETELY rewrote the plugin and it should work just fine now. You put the world name on the first line and [WCS] on the second line of the sign. If you don't put anything on the first line it defaults to the world you are in. If the world is invalid it does nothing. It saves all its data in a Signs.yml file. DO NOT MESS WITH THAT FILE. It will mess the plugin up. :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/n46ay6vv8c79bmz/WorldCountSigns.jar

30. Offline

UltiFix

Thanks!

Doesnt work. says i have 6 players in spawn world when im the only one online and not in that world.