Question WorldGuard Question.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MinxSphinx, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MinxSphinx

I have made a building that people can rent out shops in. The building is under a region that stops people from building/breaking the building itself, however when I give them a region in the building to rent out using the BuyRegion plugin, they can't build on it due to the building region flags taking affect on their region. Is there a way to make only them be able to edit their region that they bought?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@MinxSphinx Set them as member, increase the priority of the shop region, allow members to build.

3. Offline

MinxSphinx

@timtower If I make everyone member, then they will be able to build on other people's property.

@timtower Also, for each shop I rent to someone, do I have to do all the individual flags for them or is there a way to automatically let them build there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  4. Online

@MinxSphinx Only make the shop owner member.
    And you probably need to set the flags like build by hand. Depends on how you sell them though.

5. Offline

MinxSphinx

@timtower There will be multiple shops in the building, that means I will have to set them all to member.

6. Online

@MinxSphinx You need to do that anyways. Some plugins for region buying do it on their own.

7. Offline

MinxSphinx

@timtower If I set them all to member they will be to grief each other

8. Online

@MinxSphinx You only set the shop owner as member. You don't touch the other players.

9. Offline

KitsuneBoy

As i understand world edit you would have to do the following
    1. Create the parent region in which the shops will reside
    2. Set flags on the parent region so only you can edit or destroy that region
    3. Inside the parent region creat the child regions that represent the shops
    4. Change the priority of the parent and child regions so that the child regions have a higher priority than the parent region
    You can then auction off the child regions using whatever method you chose. After that you would need to
    1. Set the player who will be the shop owner as a member of that child so they have permission to build only in that one region (the child they have purchased/rented) and nowhere else within the parent region.
    2. Set flags so that shop owners can not destroy anywhere within the parent or child regions, only build.
    That should give you the desired outcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.