WorldGuard overlapping regions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by NoahWL1, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NoahWL1

Hello! I'm currently trying to add the 'Prison' gamemode to my Minecraft server, and I'm using WorldGuard to allow the entry permissions, build permissions, ect. I have a problem though. I have my entire Prison protected, but I also have the mines in the Prison. When I claim the mines with the flag "build" on/allow, it doesn't work because it still recognizes the overall spawn with "build" set to off/deny. Now, the way my Prison map is setup, it would be a pain to set up a bunch of regions to avoid the mines. Is there any way I can overlap the regions? So, doing something like, removing part of the region in another region? I'm open to anything. Plugins, things I just haven't realized, ect. Thanks!

2. Offline

LordDarthBob

Worldguard actually has region settings to deal with this. You can set a regions priority so it overrides conflicting settings of other regions with lower priority.

"Priorities:
    However, there are some cases where priorities are needed. Priorities are numbers (negatives are possible) assigned to a region to determine its rank. A higher number is a higher priority, and a higher priority will override any flags of lower priorities if the higher priority region has a flag defined. This is often needed when two region overlap partially or one region encases another completely.
    Example: Setting a region's priority
    /region setpriority NoBuild 100"
    -From the Worldguard wiki
    The above command follows the format '/region setpriority (region name) (priority)'.

3. Offline

NoahWL1

Thank you! You've helped me a lot. I have one more question that you possibly may able to answer. Is it possible to give groups (Using PermissionsEx) a permission node to be able to access a certain region? I want certain rank prisoners to be able to have the ability to bypass the entry deny flag on certain regions as they rank up. Thanks!

4. Offline

Otium_terrae

To allow groups to regions, you use /rg addmember <REGION> g:<GROUP>
    I do not believe there is a permissions node for this, all the same that should work. Hope this helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.