[WorldEdit] Protect spawn area

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Devils Child, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Devils Child

Hello,

I hope this is the correct sub forum, otherwise my apology.

I currently have a Minecraft server with creative mode enabled and WorldEdit available to everyone. The server is mainly a testing environment and resets every day at 5AM. However, lots of players connect and destroy the spawn area, which is made of bedrock and is TNT resistant. But since every player can use WorldEdit, I have currently not figured out a way to protect it.

Is there a way to do this?

Regards

2. Offline

mattmcmullen1

Devils Child Protect spawn by using WorldGuard. If you select two points with the //wand command and type //expand vert which will expand your region vertically. Next type /region claim (name of region, make it up) (owner, so your minecraft username) (worldname). That should protect your spawn.

thtpetaaquanguy likes this.
  3. Offline

Devils Child

I tried that, and it does protect the spawn area. However, you can still use WorldEdit and just "//set 0" in order to "grieffully" delete the spawn area.

4. Offline

mattmcmullen1

5. Offline

Devils Child

I used WorldGuard.

6. Offline

PolarCraft

Are you using pex or gm thats what he means :p. If not use permissionsex to setup permissions so no one can worldedit.

7. Offline

Devils Child

But I still want people to be able to use WorldEdit. That's the key.

8. Offline

mattmcmullen1

Are you telling me you don't use a permissions plugin? Get PermissionsEx plugin. You'll want to sort people into groups. Give the lowest group the permission node of -worldedit.set.0 or -worldedit.set.air

9. Offline

Devils Child

Like I said, it's a grief/testing server where players can test stuff and the server gets reseted every day at 5AM, so there is no need to restrict privileges except for WorldEditing the spawn point, which is a restriction I have no idea of how to make. Well, at least not without disabling WorldEdit, which I don't want. Is there a way to do this? Enable WorldEdit, but disable it within a defined region?

10. Offline

PolarCraft

Look up above. ^

11. Offline

Devils Child

So that will keep them from placing air where the spawn point was, but they can also place anything else. There are hundreds of ways to virtually delete the spawn point with WorldEdit. And I also don't want to enable WorldEdit only for a specific group of players. It should be available to everyone. Know what I mean?

12. Offline

mattmcmullen1

PolarCraft Devils Child I understand. I don't think you are able to do anything unless you don't allow them to use air. But, are they able to grief it by using //set fence or whatever. Can they grief with anything not just air?

13. Offline

Devils Child

They can grief with anything. Also they can use //sphere or any other command in order to overwrite the spawn point. That's the problem. If only WorldEdit would respect spawn protection...

14. Offline

PolarCraft

You can just block commands within spawn and that will stop them.

15. Offline

Devils Child

You mean like, they can't enter a command when the player is in the spawn area? So the player can just make the selection and move outside and then delete everything. That's not essentially safe.

16. Offline

PolarCraft

i belive its //region flag <name> blocked-cmds <command> deny

17. Offline

AsianWiz

I don't think it's possible, but I could be wrong. From what I know of you can't block a certain area from being worldeditted away with worldguard.

18. Offline

hey, man...you understand worldedit is an admin tool.... right? so why let every1 use it? you are going to ruin your server.

PS i would suggest getting permissions ex or some kind of permissions plugin. i would also advise you to recruit some staff.. it makes a whole hell of a difference.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  19. Offline

Devils Child

Like I said, the server is for testing purposes and restores the original state every night at 5 AM. Also, I'm not advertising it to others. It's more like when me and some of my friends want to try some Redstone stuff or something like that, we go there, mess everything up and then leave. Next day, everything's clean again.

20. Offline

zipfe

Just ban the jerks that mindlessly destroy spawn, problem solved.

21. Offline

Devils Child

That's what I already do. I was just hoping that WorldEdit had a feature like that.

But as it doesn't, I think the situation is pretty clear and we can consider this thread solved.
    Thanks guys.

22. Select the spawn area with your //wand
    Do /region define spawn
    Then do /region flag spawn pvp deny
    And that should do it
    EDIT: I think you may need worldguard

23. Offline

zipfe

That won't do anything, whatsoever, regarding OP's problem. Why do you give weird advice in any other thread like this?

24. Crap, read it wrong =/=
    anyways delete any worldedit permission in your permissions.yml

25. Offline

zipfe

Again, you obviously didn't even bother to read the thread you are replying to. You're just posting random crap left and right, without reading the thread or even knowing what you are talking about.

26. Offline

whatapigdoes

Per-World Permisions Probably

27. Offline

Iroh

Ok I have solved this problem already. You are going to need a seperate world for spawn. Create it using multiverse (tutorial in my signature). Then create a portal linking the 2 worlds (again my signature). Then set up perworld permissions (tutorial for that in my signature) negating all the world edit commands in the spawn world but allowing them in the normal world. whatapigdoes was on the right track.

zShiver likes this.
  28. Offline

whatapigdoes

To Be Honest I Have A Spawn/Arena World and a Survival World but most flags were pretty much good to go when i created the regions.
    i think i changed like 5 or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.