WorldEdit laggy at some spots

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by aerodraco, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aerodraco

Here's a video of what's happening. When I select some blocks at one platform, there's no lag, but when I select another platform it gives me a short lag spike.

Video (click)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP​

2. Offline

GlaswegianGamer

WorldEdit has been like this for ages now. Nothing really to worry about. I got used to it by now. :p

3. Offline

carny12

Every time you select a region, the metadata of the blocks within a region are registered and saved temporarily until you select a new region. The more a block's functions are, the higher the likelihood of it lagging a bit. If this is overwhelming, the best thing to do would be either free or increase your RAM.

4. Offline

zipfe

Forgive my French, but this is total bollocks. You can jump around your world and left and right click with the WorldEdit wand until your fingers bleed, nothing happens at that moment except storing the coordinates. It does not matter what kind of blocks the selection contains, unless you perform an actual command on that selection.

What OP shows in his short video clip looks more like client/FPS lag to me, not server-side or related to making a selection in WE.

5. Offline

carny12

It happens on most servers if you didn't know, so it most likely has nothing to do with client/FPS lag. However, what I meant is that after selecting, the changes you apply to it can lag more depending on the metadata, my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.