World shrinker

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by voltik8, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Plugin category: Admin Tools
    Suggested name: World Shrinker

Why I need it: When I created my server, I created command /fromspawn which is teleporting players to random coordinates between -100000 and 100000. The problem is that players are using this command too much and every time they use it, it will create new region file in regions folder and my world is growing every day. My hosting provider limits disk space to 10 GB and my world has currently 9.3 GB.

What I want: When I write some command, it will delete all unmodified chunks.

How it should do it: The plugin will cycle all chunks in my world in async thread. It saves the chunk into variable, then it regenerates the chunk and saves it into next variable. Then it will compare these two chunks block-by-block and if they are the same, it will delete the chunk completely from the server. If it is different, it will return the chunk from the first variable.

When I'd like it by: ASAP

I have no experience with programming in Java.

Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English, I'm Czech.
    Martin P.

2. Offline

bartboy8

voltik8
    Im trying to find some way to do it.. I'll keep you updated :)

3. Thank you for your time.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. timtower You don't understand me, I have 9.3 GB world and I want to reduce its size by removing unmodified chunks.

6. Offline

Ahh, impossible, trees etc always move when you regenerate an area and storing a chunk, regenerating, checking if it is the same is really hard an could easily destroy buildings when wrong coded

7. Offline

megasaad44

Can your plugin throw a player into a far unmodifed, unexplored chunk no one has been in? if so, i'll use it :p

8. Offline

It will just random TP players to somewhere in the defined radius, there are 2 checks, 1 is if it is save to stand, the other is if it is inside the WorldBorder ( if installed )

9. Offline

megasaad44

timtower Can you modify it so it exiles you to unloaded chunks? maybe let the chunks load and then check before a player tps?

10. Offline

It will work even when the chunks are not loaded...

11. Offline

megasaad44

timtower Oh, well it still can tp a player to somewhere someone has already been then.

12. Offline

It wasn't my intention to block that

13. Offline

Necrodoom

would be better to limit the world size in the first place with worldborder or similar, then simply prevent randomspawning to insane coordinates. prevents all sorts of loopholes in above suggestions.

timtower Oh, sorry then

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018