World seed changed/corrupted?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by byzantinian, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

byzantinian

Everytime I explore new terrain, it doesn't match as if the seed I was using is now read differently or corrupted. I'm swimming through an ocean and running into straight 40 block high stone cliffs with lava pouring out of caves on the sides as if it were the middle of a mountain section. And 20 block high bricks of dirt are jutting out of the edge of a lake where a beach should be.

I tried to use GetSeed and WorldSeed plugins to get my world seed to see if it changed, but using either of those plugins gives me errors and fails to pull a world seed.

I also have a feeling this is why Towny gives me this:

Code:
    2011-04-29 02:23:46 [INFO] [Towny] Database: [Load] flatfile [Save] flatfile
    2011-04-29 02:23:46 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'world'.
    2011-04-29 02:23:46 [INFO] [Towny] Loading Error: Could not read world data 'Nether'.
    2011-04-29 02:23:46 [INFO] [Towny] Using: Permissions, iConomy, Essentials
    2011-04-29 02:23:46 [INFO] [Towny] Version: 0.61 - Mod Enabled

2. Offline

o0AzzA0o

download your lvl.dat files and use this utility

http://mc.42nex.us/

I also lost my world seed..... and i have no backups the new parts of my map are a total missmatch for the old. This only becomes a problem when you want to regenerate.......

my world seed somehow got set to 0 and ive looked back and cant find lvl.dat with the original value so im am screwed...... anyhow look threw your old backups for lvl.dat upload them to that site to check the values and "if" you find an old value you could always put it back in then use the chunk regenerate plugin to fix the odd patches of land.....

Good luck i hope you have a better result then what i did.... i simply realised to late

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.