World Guard Flags

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Iroh, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Iroh

Hey all,
    Having some trouble will the cells on my prison server. I have given people the use allow flag to let them use pressure plates. But I need to block people form building. When I do /rg flag <cell> build deny they can't open chests even if chest-access is allow. How do I make it so people can open stuff but not place. Also they are members.
    EDIT: To more specific here is what I need in terms of what different people can do
    Members of region: open chests furnaces and use pressure plates, no building in cell.
    Non-Members: do non of the above and cannot build.
    -Nate

2. You don't need to flag a region for building deny, whenever you create a region it automatically only gives OP's the right to build/destroy.
    Meaning that normal members can't build nor destroy.

Try removing the build flag, and see if the chest-access then works.

3. Offline

Iroh

Still doesn't work. He is what I have. They can still break and open.
    d32
    chest-access = allow
    use = deny

4. Iroh
    Do you use a plugin that protects chests, a plugin like LWC ?
    If not I am clueless , sorry ;l

5. Offline

Iroh

Spawner, WorldEdit, MotdManager, Buycraft, SimpleAutoAnnouncer, Vault, PermissionsEx, Multiverse-Core, CombatTag, WorldGuard, MCDocs, PrisonSuite, iConomy, CoreProtect, MasterPromote, ChestShop, Votifier, NeverNight, GAListener, PrisonMine, Essentials, SimpleRegionMarket, EssentialsProtect(maybe?), EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsChat

6. The only thing I can think of is the essentialsprotect, it automatically protects the spawn area, if this is the case you need move your jail.
    Or disable the auto protection in the config of Essentialsprotect

7. Offline

Iroh

Didn't work ):

8. Offline

Kolugo

Iroh
    I just tested this on an offline server with the latest build of WorldGuard and CB 1.6.1R0.1 (Build #2799).
    /rg define test
    /rg flag test build deny
    /rg flag test chest-access allow
    /rg flag test use allow

and all my default (non-op) users could not build, but could use chests, pressure plates, buttons, doors, etc. (i.e. it worked perfectly). If they can build/place in the prison mines fine, then are you sure another plugin isn't conflicting? PrisonSuite, ChestShop, etc... upload your server into an offline one and remove these plugins one by one, would be my suggestion, though it's tedious it'd be the best way to solve the issue.

9. Offline

Iroh

Well now anyone can open their chests so that won't work, I tried chest-access deny build deny use deny then made them a member and they cannot place or open chests.

Problem is I only want the members of the region opening stuff and using plates.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  10. Offline

Kolugo

Then you'd leave your flags blank and add them as members. they should be able to build/place, access chests and use doors/levers/etc. If you don't want them to build, simply add the flag build deny. Even as a member of the region, it should deny them to build/place.

11. Offline

Iroh

Well I did that and build deny seems to block them from opening chests as well as placing blocks.

12. Offline

Kolugo

Iroh
    Odd. sounds like another plugin is conflicting (try removing the plugins one by one to verify), or a bug with WorldGuard, though now one I've yet experienced. I'd either upload files into an offline server and test on there, or open a ticket with the plugin devs.

13. Offline

Iroh

Alright I ran it on a server with only world guard/edit and the build flag set to deny make memebers not able to open chests.

14. Offline

Kolugo

ran again on my server, build flag set to deny, chest-access set to allow, no additional flags added -- worked fine. check for conflicting plugins, regions, or if you changed the default flags of worldguard regions.

15. Offline

Iroh

When I do that none region members can open chests.

16. Offline

Kolugo

Iroh
    I don't know what else to tell you. If you're positive no other region (maybe a region is inside of the one you're trying to get work -- type /rg info while standing inside of the cell), or any plugins are conflicting, take it up with the plugin devs. It works fine for me.

17. Offline

Iroh

Wait so in the region you made non-members have no perms and members can't build but can use chests furnaces and crafting tables? I am only running world guard/edit and vault.

18. Offline

Kolugo

Iroh
    I made nobody a member of the region, all were non-members and could use the region without an issue.

19. Offline

Iroh

The point of the cell is that you are the only one can open chests/furnaces/tables in the area and that other people cannot do anything. Also chest-access needs to be none or deny cause other wise people can seal your stuff. Also use needs to be deny so people cannot go into your cell.

20. Offline

Kolugo

21. Offline

Iroh

Never used residence could you give me some pointers or link me to a tutorial?

22. Offline

AncientTom

It sounds like you have the same Hotel setup in your game as I'm using.
    I use WorldGuard for regions, SimpleRegionMarket for rental signs, and PermissionsEx.

My room (or cell) regions are named mm-101, mm-102, etc. Each one has as owner 'group: admins' for administrative access. I am using pressure plates with iron doors for security. I set each room's region boundaries from the top rear most block opposite the door then the first block outside the door to include the pressure plate in the region protection. Now, no-one can enter or leave and use the appliances inside except for an Admin.

The sign next to the door is a SimpleRegionMarket Rent sign that sets the room (mm-101) being rented, the price per rental interval, and I assign on the last line the bank as the recipient of the rent. When someone rents the room, SRM adds the renter as a member of the room's region. The pressure plate now responds to that person and they have exclusive (bar admin rights) use of what's inside of the room. One thing though, when the rent expires on the sign, SRM doesn't take the player off of the room region so that player still has access until someone else rents the room. This may not be a bad thing. It gives him the ability to collect his stuff if the room hasn't been re-rented yet.

I read the advice that each cell should have entry and exit flags set but if the region is set up right, these flags are not needed. One other thing, I set the perimeter of the whole hotel up as a Parent, calling it mm-hotel. I expected that assigning the admins group as owner, the rooms will automatically have the admins group as owner but I still had to set each room individually to gain Admin access.

One other thing that needs to be mentioned is be sure that your regions DO NOT overlap. when this happens, it screws up the permissions from one region to another.

23. Offline

Iroh

I actually went with a different solution since this post. I created a wg rg covering the cell then set build true (so anyone can edit) then I created an overlapping residence so that people can't edit the wg rg then used residence signs so people could rent them, I used residence so people couldn't build.

24. Offline

AncientTom

Glad to hear you found a solution.

Regards,
    Tom S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.