World Generation Help ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Slipswhitley, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Slipswhitley

Hey,

I am kinda new to Java and Bukkit so please explain things to the fullest extent when replying.

At this moment I am working on creating a new range of servers that I am gonna call TowerDefence.

I have coded the plugin that will manage the events set the regions and commands ect, But i have hit a problem.
    I need a way to make the servers restart themselves delete the map then recreate a new map and generate 2 team spawns (A simple cubiod with wool on the edge), a spawnroom with glass floor and 8 towers.

I have no idea on how I can do any of that, would someone be kind enough to help me please ?

Thanks,

Been commenting on a few threads to help people so for bumping purposes heres a picture of a puppy: [​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

thoosequa

There is no possibility to restart a server with a plugin, seeing as plugins get unloaded with a shutdown and loaded on a startup. What you want is a "third party program" or whatever that checks if the server is running and if its not its starting it. For the map problem, you could use the same program to delete the world folder and copy a new world folder from a different location. That although requires, that your servers are hosted from your home. If you have cour servers hosted by a company I would advise you to email them and ask if they can set up such a thing for you.

Edit: thinking about it, McMyAdmin might be able to do that, but I am not too sure

3. Offline

Slipswhitley

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simple_restart/ ?? ?

Also you may not see a way to restart the server but if you implement the CraftBukkit.jar instead of the Bukkit API I know for a fact what I'm asking is possible.

4. Offline

thoosequa

If you look at this plugin you'll see that it just re-runs the batch file with which you start your server, for that purpose you need to edit your batchfile so it actually works but that's it. You can't install a plugin and expect from it to restart the server

5. Offline

The_Coder

Well there is more than one way to do this. The easiest would be to build the map, in minecraft, first. Then put that world file in your plugins folder. The rest would be easy. If you don't understand, just ask.

6. Offline

Slipswhitley

I want to generate a new world and generate the same structures I can do that part i just don't know how to restart and delete the old map then creating a new one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.