World edit just won't work!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kaponiven, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kaponiven

Hello, I just created a Bukkit server and it runs fine. But I've been trying for about 2 hours to install WorldEdit working and it just doesn't work. I did everything like explained in the instructions. I copied WorldEdit.jar in the plugins folder. Restarted the server, made me OP. But nothing happens, I tried typing //wand and some other commands to try and it says that 'that command does not exist.'

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe is there anything else required? I don't know. Help!

2. Offline

jjacobson

Can you install any other plugins or is it just world edit that does not work?

3. Offline

minecrafterwork I steal plugins as my own

If you do /pl is it listed?

4. Offline

TnT

Full server.log from your attempt please.

5. Offline

EP1CSAUC3

I have had a server for a long time now and just recently world edit and world guard stopped working and i dont know why, they do not show up in the /pl list please help me.

well now that i have updated it, it works but i cant use //set <any block> is says
    Please report this error: [See console]
    Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Net/Minecraft/Server/Block

I have just fixed it by downloading the beta build for 1.4.6

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  6. Offline

Coffeeband

I also have the same problem as you. Which beta build did you downloaded ? Link would be really great full. Thank you

7. Offline

ninja53427

I kinda have the same problem I can do /pl and it is there it is just that it says Please report this error: [see console]

8. Offline

andrew49401

hello im having a problem with world edit too. i have had a bukkit server for about 4 months now and have never had any problems with world edit until now. it shows up on my plugins list and when i do //wand it gives me the wooden axe but if i try to do something like //replace or//walls or something it says

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/block

Please HELP!

9. Offline

Minecrell

Update WorldEdit

10. Offline

andrew49401

i did i even downloaded a type that said that problem was fixed

11. Offline

Beatlynx

Restart your server. Paste the whole server.log here.

12. Offline

Cirno

Downgrade your server to a previous 1.4.7 build.
    The reason is technical, but if you must:

On Janurary 16th, EvilSeph released an article regarding NMS (net.minecraft.server, internal stuff you shouldn't touch unless absolutely need to) code. The article read that NMS code will now be safeguraded with different package names.
    The reason for this is because NMS code is extremely volatile and changes with every Minecraft release. Because of this, all developers must use a new package (basically a directory) by the name of "net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1". If your information is correct, then WorldEdit is behind a couple of versions.. The fixed version is also behind (as far as I remember) on 1 build.

tl;dr WorldEdit isn't update to be compatible with the latest update because of the new safeguard.

13. Offline

andrew49401

so do i download an old version of craftbukkit or a newer version of world edit

14. Offline

andrew49401

okay i fixed that it just needed an update thanks for all your suggestions though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.