World Edit - could not dispatch event

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jsobering, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jsobering

Hi all. I'm fairly new to bukkit and minecraft servers in general, and I was hoping to get a bit of help debugging a world edit error. This error (Screenshot included) occurs whenever a non-op player moves or interacts with the world in any way. I am using PEX as my plugin manager, but do not want to give world edit permissions to anyone lower than Moderator. If you need any additional information (Error logs, permission files) please ask!

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@jsobering That would be a NoSuchMethodException, meaning that it tried to do something that doesn't exist. This happens when a plugin was compiled for a certain version of Minecraft, using version dependent code such as NMS or CB, and then run on a different version. Are you certain that you are using the version of Bukkit/Spigot that your plugin was built for?

3. Offline

jsobering

In all honesty, I'm not sure. This is the first MC server that I've ever set up with mods. Ill will do some looking into what version of bukkit I am running and see if it matches my world edit version. If it does not, do you suggest updating bukkit or reverting worldedit? How easy is it to update bukkit once a server is running?

Thank you for the help

Also, I am including the latest server log for reference.

Attached Files:

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@jsobering Oh, definitely fix WorldEdit. You don't get a new toolbox when your wrench breaks.

5. Offline

jsobering

Good analogy. I've now tried reverting to an older wolrdedit to no avail. I also tried updating worldedit to (what I think is) the newest version and upgrading to the newest spigot server, still no luck. I am now running worldedit 6.1 and spigot 1.8. Is there somewhere to find the correct build of worldedit that I am just missing?

6. Offline

jsobering

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am still having problems with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.