WIP [RPG][MECH] Majjix - Magical Items!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Razukie, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Razukie

Majjix
    A magical item plugin
    WIP
    The goal of this plugin is to transform items you find into items you find in most rouge-like games (specifically Diablo) where you find magical items, identify them, and discover them with all their own stats and abilities.
    Such as..
    - Elemental affects (Poison, Burning, etc)
    - Different durability and damage
    - Names for the magical items (better names for the rare)
    - Certain spells weapons may confer (Shields, summon things, etc)
    - Curses?
    - and others that I think of or have been suggested
    I hope to implement Spout support for a GUI. However I am fairly new to programming for Bukkit and will probably make it so you see the stats in chat until I understand Java better.
    My ideas of how it should work:
    - Mobs have random chances for dropping magical weapons
    - Once you find an item ( a message should come up with something like "There is a magical feeling about this weapon" when you pick it up) it, you hold the item in hand in hand and type "/MaStats" Which should tell you the stats of the weapon (if identified).
    - If you use an unidentified weapon you still get the stats, but beware! It could be cursed!
    - To identify type "/identify" with the item in hand. This will require a piece of paper.
    Other ideas..
    - Perhaps special mobs that are tougher than the others and have higher probability of dropping magic weapons
    - Perhaps a whole RPG system? (probably not)​
    - Throwables? :cool:
    - Please post your ideas!​
    In the end I'd like an items description to look something like this...
    [​IMG]
    (This is including Spout)​
    I would really appreciate any help people could give me, and I'd really like this not to be stolen from me. :D
    I NEED YOUR OPINIONS ON THE MATTER!

2. Offline

Zeerix

How will you distiguish the unique items in code?

3. Offline

Razukie

I think I'm going to make a list of 100 or so unique items and have it so when you pick up an item it automatically selects whether it's magic or non magic If it is magic Itl pick from a list of the premade items I created

4. Offline

Zeerix

Yeah, but a diamond sword is a diamond sword. How will you attach an ID to it?

I don't think anybody has done unique items without a client mod.

5. Offline

DrBowe

The simple answer, is that he can't. Because there's no ways to track items when they're dropped.

I tried this a while ago, and hit a brick wall. Since items are transformed into ItemStacks on pick-up, and Items on drops (and you can't cross-compare the two), you can't track the items.

@ The OP
    I highly suggest looking into the possibility of this before continuing, because I'm not so sure that this is a viable idea.

6. Offline

Razukie

That's a good point. Perhaps I'll go with a mod instead. Or enchant-able weapons.

7. Offline

Hunt800

What about MagicSpells scroll feature? I haven't bothered to look at the source, but if you enchant a paper with the scroll spell, and then drop it, players can pick it up and it will retain that spell.

8. Offline

DrBowe

That's an interesting question. I just realized that he uses the same system in BookWorm.
    I'm kind of curious as to how he went about it.

9. Offline

Kardocraft

Maybe it is possible too hook up with the plugin heroes. BEcause they featuring a awesome classes sytem. So you can hook up with them and provide the item system.

10. Offline

nisovin

I use the item's durability values, which works great for items that don't have durability values already. Unfortunately, swords already use the durability value, so it won't work.

11. Offline

Razukie

Gad dangit

12. Offline

Hunt800

That's actually really smart. If I ever get back into plugin dev, I'll find some way to use that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.