[WIP][MECH]Book copier

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Cowboys1919, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cowboys1919

I am going to make a plugin where you can place a sign on a chest that says [Copier], then place a written book in the first slot, inc sacs in the second, then if you place an empty book in any of the other slots, the text from the first is copied over.
    Also, it will only work if you were the original author.
    And share your opinions of this plugin if you want!

2. There's a plugin "Maplicate" that copies maps which also replicates written books by using a workbench recipes.
    Also, I'm working on a similar copy feature in my RecipeManager plugin which clones a defined ingredient (not limited to maps or books) to the result slot.

Your plugin's unique features would be the sign+chest thing (which is kinda too much for just copying a book, recipes are nicer :p) and the author checking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make you abandon, I'm just providing feedback :p

EDIT:
    But I got a nice suggestion, make it work with a dispenser + sign and in it you must place the book or map to copy, ink sack and stacks of paper, depending on what it crafts (book or map) it uses the paper accordingly.

Then it spits the copies out :} you should make it do it slowly, one map/book per second or something (should be configurable).

You could also add support for chest to store them in by placing the chest at the exit-point of the dispenser and instead of shooting out they'll be placed inside the chest.

Just make sure you disable the dispenser's normal redstone behaviour if it's got your sign on it :p

3. Offline

Cowboys1919

I actually changed the concept a lot and came out with "PrintingPress"

Digi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.