[WIP] iConomy Lite - iColite - A Better Future.

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Nijikokun, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nijikokun

Are there rules for titles, if so.. I'm sorry. It's iColite. If you really dislike my topic title, I will not change it; If you like it, I will not change it. If a mod changes it.. It changes.

Anyway, onto the work-in-progress part:
    I just installed all that maven goodness, setup a pom, and installed the yaml editor. *le-sigh* so much work just to start making a .... (Gotta keep in mind there are kids here) plugin. Alright, so this plugin will be essentially iConomy-lite. Codename... well, I've told you that name a few times now, see: iColite.

Current Status:
    Setting up project folder. Deciding options, weighing stuff... stuff.

Few things about iColite
    • May or may-not be compatible with old databases. Should we have a converter? If so, how should we go about it.
    • It might utilize an external api or have access to one, such as a node.js server or php script that allows you to create awesome web content instead of just bukkit plugins! Yay! maybe.
    • Should commands change? Probably not, just open for discussion on that point. I haven't used minecraft or bukkit in an entire year. Whew.
    • Only SQL is going to be supported, no more janky flat-file databases. Get with the program people! Or program people! Either way, do it!
    • I forgot bbcode! this doesn't count!

Ideas? Nothing major, no banks or crazy stoofs, I might leak one or two things only after it's super duper stable and makes your server users go OOOOOOOooooohhhhh AHHHHHhhhhh, and stuff like that. Sound effects. Kablam!

2. Offline

madmac

Defiantly a way to see users accounts via cmds.

Since you are taking out banks which is something I agree with 100%later down the road maybe make a iBankLite just a suggestion.

In my opinion plugins with to many features is an over kill! I'd rather see more plugins that are focus'd on that specific need rather than one major plugin with tons n tons of buggy features.

EDIT:

Suggestion maybe make your own API that could be used as a core for other future lites like the example above I gave

3. Offline

Orcem12

Indeed. If anything you must keep it simply Economy. Nothing more. Just so other plugins can dynamically add features to the base plugin. Since an economy can be the biggest thing for a server, it needs to run the most efficiently. I'd help with this project.

madmac likes this.
  4. Offline

Sushi

Make a Git repo! I want to make some commits for you to pull. :p

quaz3l and madmac like this.
  5. Offline

madmac

second this

6. Offline

Nijikokun

iConomy has always had a git-repo.

But, tonight I will create one for iColite.

7. Offline

winter4w

So there is a new one ????

8. You are back?!

Awesome :D

9. Offline

stkeroro

Cmon Niji youre the one and only can do that kind of useful plugins.

10. Offline

drtshock

Nijikokun

I would help with this as well if you are still planning on doing it. Craftconomy doesn't work as well as I'd like and I would love a plugin like this.

11. Offline

Nijikokun

drtshock likes this.
  12. Offline

RainoBoy97

I started on a economy plugin called MyConomy, but didnt really finish it xD
    Same features as your plans :)
    Good luck!

13. Offline

linkinkov

Wow, you back!

14. Offline

drtshock

Emailed you 3 minutes after you posted and no response D:

15. Offline

linkinkov

All project with update his sources, was removed, but why. So many people want iconomy come back for new version.

16. Offline

dark_hunter

Any work on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.