[WIP][Fun/Mech] NPCWorkers - Creating workers that do your bidding for diamonds.

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by plornt, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

plornt

Hey,
    As a second plugin project and to help me progress in the land of java further than editing text above a players name ^^ (fist project) I have decided to make an NPC workers plugin.

Now dont think I am jumping in the deep end here as I already know other programming languages and its just a case of converting what I know into Java. I currently have a "In Planning" BukkitDev plugin and was wondering if anyone who knew java would like to help progress the plugin further (I wont be a third wheel). Im looking for about 1 or 2 people to speed this up to get a working version out before 1.8 and before the 3day weekend (in the uk :D) is over.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/npcworkers/pages/main/
    ^ The dev page has the to do list.

My initial thoughts was to get NPCs to build BOB Plugins (Biome Object Builder/Building) which are used in the biome terrain mod so there should be quite a few readily available and a few BOBPlugin builders have already been made by others. The thoughts quickly expanded to "gather nearby wood", "gather coal" etc. I really would love to make this plugin as generally from the 3 servers I have run in the past one thing that got players annoyed was the fact they'd have to stop building their brilliant project to get resources or to tunnel out a station, that's fine for those who like doing that but can be a real pain to people who want the creative experience without cheating (You pay the workers in diamonds).

SO at the end of those longass paragraphs and away from my mumbling I ask, is anyone interested in helping or giving suggestions?

2. Offline

gameswereus

This looks interesting

3. Offline

Quizdonkey

I eagerly await what results from this.
    Goodluck, and I hope the long nights of coding treat you well, thank you for what you are doing for the community

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.