[WIP] Bukkit Plugin Writer

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Chrisward, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MCManager

Yes i would agree with that, btw, only the idea is ours, the code is not.
    and, i would like to write a class, to automatically write a plugin.yml file :)

2. Offline

Chrisward

If you want :) it's only a couple lines and part of it is already there I believe :p

3. Offline

MCManager

well, my version will be alot more lines, :)
    it will have methods to add commands etc.

4. Offline

Chrisward

I already have an idea on how I'd do that :p if you come up with an ingenious way, lemme know :p

5. Offline

MCManager

already making the class, i'll pull request when im done

6. Offline

Chrisward

Okay, thanks :)

7. Offline

MCManager

it's very compliacted, it can save and read the yml files, but permission Childs require some thinking....

8. Offline

MCManager

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  9. Offline

Chrisward

Thanks very much :)

Also, just FYI, I get notified for every comment in this thread :p

10. Offline

Chrisward

Okay, cause the internet on my laptop is pretty much dead, and the other computer is linux, I have no choice but to compile it in mono. Interoperability FTW :p

11. Offline

MCManager

noooooooo! than you can't use devcomponents.dotnetbar2.dll :(

12. Offline

Chrisward

really? :-(

13. Offline

MCManager

Dotnetbar = winforms != gtk (mono)

14. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Hrm... Maybe if you have a bunch of time or are less distracted than me, could you write a bit of the program in pseudocode? The functionality part of it, not really as much for the interface :p.

That may have been confusing:
    I mean how is this going to work? Should i be reading the original post again?

15. Offline

Chrisward

Generates plugin.yml, basic code files, just an easier to use eclipse sort of thing, with added stuff to make plugin writing easier...sorry I dont do much commenting in my code :p

16. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Lol okay. Im just gonna throw suggestions out there like...

maybe it could have simple guides for common plugin features like config s, commands, events and listeners :)

17. Offline

Chrisward

I'm gunna have lots of wizards, it's aimed at people who are reasonably new to bukkit programming :p

18. Offline

MCManager

Did you have a chance to checkout the plugin yml class, you should try tobuse it.

19. Offline

Chrisward

I haven't gotten around to reading all of it, but I saw a couple lines when I merged the commit and it looked awesome, thanks

20. Offline

ThatBox

This looks awesome....

21. Offline

Chrisward

22. Offline

thehutch

hmm this is similar to @s1mpl3x Kickstarter tool which basically writes out the base code for a new plugin. His was buggy and idk if he updated it but I hope yours can be better if you can ask him he is very good at what he does. :)

23. Offline

Chrisward

This doesn't just make the base plugin, it's also a plugin editor (IDE) for writing plugins

24. Offline

Killie01

have you worked on it? you should commit and push then.

25. Offline

Chrisward

The current git is up to date... I have been sick the past couple weeks and haven't worked on it

26. Offline

Killie01

:eek: , i am home today too

27. Offline

Killie01

so is this dead, cuz i will get my plugin.yml generator code.

28. Offline

Chrisward

If anyone wants to take this over, lemme know... if anyone particularly wants me to pick it back up, also lemme know

I can take it over, I just haven't had much time lately. If people particularly want me to finish this, let me know and I'll put some effort into making time

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  29. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Well i kinda would like to see this :) I'd like to know how it works or what it does exactly.

30. Offline

Chrisward

Okay then, I'll take it back on, if anyone wants to help feel free to fork and pull, I'll start adding contributors soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.