will i...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jesseg2, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jesseg2

Will i be able to get money from my server ??? like donation ?
    even just a very very little bit do u think i will ?

oh ya and also.
    my ISP does NOT allow servers. so, i kinda would need to get some money to pay for the business plan because they customer plan does NOT allow servers...
    but i mean some money as in the LITTLEST AMOUNT...
    i was thinking about doing like memberships or pay for a diamond and stuff...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  2. Offline

mughi

i hate to piss on your parade, but.. ..no.. at least not as you describe it

considering anyone can create their own server, why would they pay to use yours.
    if you want people to pay to use your server, it's going to have to be special.. and will have to be able to handle the bandwidth of however many users you end up with.

if you want to make money learn how to configure permissions and start selling support :)

3. Offline

Xgkkp

It sounds that if you really wanted to run a server, it might be best to do it from a prebuilt hosting service.

I imagine that most servers that accept donations would at best barely get enough to break even, and I doubt people would pay for server access unless you can demonstrate a high degree of competency in running/maintaining said server.

4. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

Meh, I started a server using http://www.xenonservers.com/ for 15$ a month. Since I have started the server, I've gotten $30 in donations, enough to cover another 2 months of server costs im 15 in the green right now, and the server runs well.

5. Offline

Jesseg2

know any other games i can host to break even ?
    do u think i will break even with bukkit ?
    i just wanna get really involed ina some game nd host a server nd break even.....

6. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

The key is to be active. Players like to see who they are donating to, and they must have tangible rewards,

7. Offline

Jesseg2

10 cents for 10 diamonds ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.