Will bukkit ever move beyond 0.0.1?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by OrtwinS, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OrtwinS

I admit, I grew kinda found of it.
    Always a snapshot of some build number from the development version of 0.0.1.

I guess when MC moves out of beta they will actually move up the version numbers?
    It feels really awkward from my current perspective to actually have a 'Craftbukkit version 1.0' sometime in the future.

It's all speculation of course, but what are your feelings/thoughts about this?

2. Offline

jamescosten

Does it matter?

3. Offline

OrtwinS

No, I just wondered how attached we are to the 0.0.1.

Forums are also for casual speculation, not always about questions, features, requests and raging comments :p.

4. Offline

HotelErotica

The numbers aren't changing because bukkit isn't "Officially" released, they are simply sharing there process of getting it to a stage where they can label it with official. Atleast thats my understanding.

5. Offline

OrtwinS

@HotelErotica that would suggest it will not change untill bukkit is not legally 'grey' anymore.

They use Notch's code without permission, but since the Bukkit Team and Notch have been in contact and the Teams activities are... tolerated... everything stays as it is.
    Any offcial version might prompt Mojang into action. Though I regard that as very unlikely.

When the 'Code-access-for-Mods' thing is into place, Bukkit will be out of the grey zone I guess.

Ah well, if and when the number changes is not my question, its more how others feel about it, I got used to the classy 0.0.1 :D. Any 0.x would still be OK I guess, but actual 1.0 will feel very strange...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.