Why wont the permission "essentials.warp" work!?!?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Gonzxor, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gonzxor

Ok so I give the pex group essentials.warp and then I do essentials.warp.warpname I have done others also like ive tried every combo you could think of like essentials.warps and essentials.warp.* but they dont work. Someone told me to do ess debug in the config and tell the person in the game try to warp somewhere and I got this error. Please help I have been trying to fix this for two days and it frustrates me because im not new to pex and I thought I was going to fix this in like 5 minutes.

Error calling command /warp
    java.lang.Exception: ยง4You do not have Permission to use that warp.
    at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandwarp.warpUser(Commandwarp.java:128) ~[Essentials.jar:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandwarp.run(Commandwarp.java:51) ~[Essentials.jar:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.EssentialsCommand.run(EssentialsCommand.java:149) ~[Essentials.jar:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommandEssentials(Essentials.java:505) [Essentials.jar:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:370) [Essentials.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:196) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:542) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:932) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:814) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:28) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PacketPlayInChat.handle(PacketPlayInChat.java:47) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:146) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ServerConnection.c(SourceFile:134) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:655) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedServer.u(DedicatedServer.java:250) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:545) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:617) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.2-b2974jnks]

2. Offline

AcpSoldier

Do you have both:

essentials.warp
    AND
    essentials.warp.warpname

in the same group? The player first has to have the ability to warp to use the essentials.warp.warpname

3. Offline

Gonzxor

Yup I have tried everything I MEAN EVERYTHING I will list what I have tried.

------
    - essentials.warp.*
    ------
    - essentials.warp
    - essentials.warp.warpname
    ------
    - essentials.warp.warpname
    ------
    essentials.warp.*
    essentials.warp
    essentials.warp.warpname
    ------
    And ive tried two different warps on my server as those are the only ones I have right know. And btw I might have tried more than what I listed up there (I think I did) but I dont remember all of them.

4. Offline

AcpSoldier

Can I see your permissions.yml file?

5. Offline

Gonzxor

Yup here it is.
    groups:
    default:
    default: true
    options:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    - essentials.warp
    - essentials.warp.arena
    Member:
    prefix: '&0(&8M&7ember&0)&7 '
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    options:
    VIP:
    prefix: '&0(&eVIP&0)&7 '
    permissions:
    - -modifyworld.mobtarget.monster.creeper
    - modifyworld.*
    options:
    Moderator:
    prefix: '&0(&1Moderator&0)&7 '
    permissions:
    - -modifyworld.mobtarget.*
    - modifyworld.*
    options:
    Admins:
    prefix: '&0(&4Admins&0)&7 '
    permissions:
    - -modifyworld.mobtarget.*
    - modifyworld.*
    - permissions.*
    options:
    users:
    AnotherPlayer:
    group:
    YourPlayerName:
    group:
    - Admins
    Gonzxor:
    group:

6. Offline

lokpique

Gonzxor

Use essentials.warps.<warpname>... with an s on the end of warps...

7. Offline

Gonzxor

I have tryed that.

8. Offline

GIDDYGOGO567

Did you use essentials.warp and essentials.warps.<warpname> together... so like

groups:
    default:
    default: true
    options:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    - essentials.warp
    - essentials.warps.arena

9. Offline

Bobcat00

What is your Essentials config setting for per-warp-permission ?
    Set that to false, give everyone essentials.warp, and you're done.

10. Offline

lokpique

What I said is still correct. Change it to that and start looking for your problem elsewhere.
    http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm

My guess is you have to change the per-warp-permissions in the essentials config file to true.

11. Offline

Gonzxor

People told me to set that to true but I will set it to false then :D

What the heck? One person tells me to set it to true and I do have it set to that and then some other dude tells me to set it to false?!??!?!?

12. Offline

lokpique

If you want access to some warps and not others, then you need it set to true.

Give people:
    essentials.warp --> this gives them access to the actual warp command.
    essentials.warps.<warpname> --> this is how you give them access to each warp point.

And then set per-warp-permissions to true in the config. If that does not work then paste your perms file again with any updates you've made.

13. Offline

Gonzxor

O SO!!!! THEY ONE NEEDS TO BE "WARP" AND ONE NEEDS TO BE "WARPS" OMGGGGGGGGGG I THINK I GOT IT KNOW!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Ive beent trying to figurer this out for days know. Just let me check and see if it works.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!:Ka;sdkas;dlk DUDE THANK YOU!!!!!!! DUDE I REALLY WISH I COULD REPAY YOU SOMEHOW !!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works!!!:!jlkajaksd ye!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Offline

lokpique

Just happy I could help!

15. Offline

Bobcat00

per-warp-permission can be set to true if you want to control who can use which warp. If you want to let everyone use all warps (which is what I do on my server), setting it to false makes everything easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.