why make things so complex

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by unimatrix, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

unimatrix Bukkit Sponsor

Hey ,

I have seen the new bukkit perm and other perm systems and i just ask myself this simple question :

Why do you need to make it so complex ?

For example groupmanager was so good cause it was simple , didnt need to add ranks or any other stuff and the cmd to promote people was so simple and to add permissions from ingame asswell.

/manuadd user group
    /mangaddp group permission.

Now with other perm plugins you have to read pages of info to even begin rebuilding your permissions file.

I like advancements but these new perm systems are to complex and have to many options half of us do not need or want. If anjocaido is listening please for the love of god update groupmanager.

If i cant find a suitable replacement for groupmanager that does not require hours of my time or a PHD to install i will simply shut down my server and retire from minecraft.

You plugin dev's need to think about keeping things simple.

PS : If GM fails ill have 2 vm's for rent who have been running mincraft since oktober 2010

blackbinary and Monstertke like this.
  2. Offline

Monstertke

"Bukkit- For computer science majors, By computer science majors"

cholo71796 likes this.
  3. Offline

Zippo

This is what I think. Good job sir.

4. Offline

Drakia

If Permissions is too complicated for you, you probably shouldn't be running a server in the first place.
    I do see your issue with the built-in system however, which is why I recommend staying away from it with a 50' clown pole.

obscurehero likes this.
  5. Offline

unimatrix Bukkit Sponsor

i understand permissions and i choose not to use it. Groupmanager is the easyest to use and doesnt have a ton of functions that i dont need.

6. Offline

nossr50

Everything new is a learning process, if you want to have permissions then you need to be willing to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.