Why doesn't bukkit load the correct worlds?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by cheese5505, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cheese5505

I have bukkit running on a VPS, and when I SSH into the VPS and start the server, it loads fine.
    But, when I use the console command option on vePortal, it loads the incorrect worlds and there is no trace of them at all. Plugins also do not load. Any ideas?

2. Offline

Mukrakiish

Sounds as though using vePortal is running a batch file which may be running a different instance of your server and/or server properties (which would change which worlds are loaded). Maybe have a look at that.

3. Offline

cheese5505

@Mukrakiish
    Yup, that is it. For some reason I saw some random files related to bukkit inside the main directory. Thanks!

EDIT: Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Offline

TnT

I personally prefer to manage everything through SSH. I know of a good tool (a collection of scripts using screen) you can use to manage your CraftBukkit server via SSH if you wish.

5. Offline

cheese5505

Ok, do they include something that allows you to start the server once and it doesn't open a SSH client? Because right now, i'm stuck with the problem of having to keep putty open on my computer all the time.

6. Offline

Mukrakiish

That's how I do it too actually, using the start.sh script.

Mine was McMyAdmin last time I used it but...here's the line i used.

screen -s McMyAdmin mono McMyAmin.exe

The trick I believe is the "screen -s"

7. Offline

cheese5505

Ok.

Can I get the link?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  8. Offline

TnT

Click the "my plugins" link under my Avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.