Why all Permissions plugins don't work?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FrancescoTG, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FrancescoTG

I've tried Permissions 3.x, PermissionsEx and PermissionsBukkit, but my server continue to use the Op System.
    For example, when I launch my server CreativeGates says:
    and Factions allows placing blocks in SafeZones only to opped players.
    Only iChat use Permissions prefixes.
    What can I do?

2. Offline

codename_B

You need to use plugins with superperms support - this involves using more modern plugins.

Those plugins are probably hooking into permissions 2 which is about a year out of date.

3. Offline

TheCuddler

If you upgrade to the most recent version of PEX, it should have a bridge for Permissions to function correctly. That's what I use and it works fine. Try deleting all your current permissions plugins, emptying your "permissions.yml" in the root folder, then downloading and running one plugin, such as PEX.

4. Offline

FrancescoTG

I think that all my plugins are SuperPerms compatible.

I'll try it, but my 'permissions.yml' file is always empty! Why?
    What bridge should I use?

5. Offline

sillyrosster

When using PB, do you have the SuperPermsbridge.jar?

6. Offline

codename_B

Your permissions.yml file is intended for custom permission nodes only, you don't need to use it.

7. Offline

Royalgamer06

EssentialsGroupManager is working fine! (Using the dev version!)

8. Offline

TheCuddler

Your permissions.yml file can be empty, it's fine. Just make sure to read the whole log when the server starts up and see if PEX hooks in correctly.

9. Offline

sillyrosster

Eww :p

10. Offline

FrancescoTG

I've tried to do these things:
    1) I've tried to run CraftBukkit with PB and SuperPermsBridge.jar : PB doesn't work!
    2) I've tried to run EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge: It works fine!
    Thanks for your continuous support!
    I have a new question: in the folder 'MyServer'sFolderRoot\plugins\GroupManager\worlds' there are only World, World_nether and World_the_end.
    How do I configure GroupManager's permissions for other worlds (imported with MultiVerse)?

11. Offline

sillyrosster

PB works fine. I have a server to prove it :)

12. Offline

FrancescoTG

I use CB 1.1R3 (build #1846). Well, I've tried GroupManager and in my opinion it's easier to configure perms.

13. Offline

travja

If you wanted PB some plugins require Vault so you could try that.

14. Offline

FrancescoTG

Thanks for your answer, but I think that I'll continue to use GroupManager.

15. Offline

travja

Ok, whatever works right?

codename_B likes this.
  16. Offline

FrancescoTG

GroupManager works well, but in 'MyServer'sFolderRoot\plugins\GroupManager\worlds' there are only World, World_nether and World_the_end.
    How do I configure GroupManager's permissions for other worlds (imported with MultiVerse)?

EDIT:
    GroupManager has added to his folder other worlds' YAML config files. This solved my problem. Thanks for all your support.

17. Offline

sillyrosster

That's your problem, you're probably using an newer version of permissions on an old version of CraftBukkit. Why are you on such an old version? What's wrong with R6, 1.2.3 Beta 1 and 2?

18. Offline

FrancescoTG

Hi! I'm going to host my Minecraft Server next month, but now I'm working on it with my friends.
    I use CB #1846 because in this period I don't have time to update my plugins and to convert maps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.