Who's using the latest (1.6-non recommended) build? Problems?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by DylanP, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DylanP

Just wondering who's using it, and with what plugins, and what issues have you faced so far?

2. Offline

ddl2829

No plugins, lots of spam from the console with nobody online.
    Code:
    15:21:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.4
    15:21:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    15:21:28 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    15:21:28 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-762-g69e11d1-b815jnks (MC: 1.6.4)
    15:21:28 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    15:21:28 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    15:21:29 [INFO] Done (0.063s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    15:22:07 [INFO] Disconnecting /178.63.17.22:39869: Took too long to log in
    15:22:07 [INFO] Thread exception
    15:22:07 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #0 write thread"
    15:22:07 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    15:22:07 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:118)
    15:27:10 [INFO] Disconnecting /178.63.17.22:38308: Took too long to log in
    15:27:10 [INFO] Thread exception
    15:27:10 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Connection #1 write thread"
    15:27:10 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    15:27:10 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:118)
    15:30:01 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    15:30:51 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

3. Offline

fffizzz

ive got about 20 plugins running, arrowentity NPE which causes server stall (non-crash, so no auto restart, but no one can play). Fairly stable, but keep an eye on it.

4. Offline

aymanh

Internal server error ,login problems ,overloading ,Cpu Raping 100%, nothing much :)

it really stable to me :D , i have backup-ed over 900+ times

5. Offline

LEOcab

I'm using build 815. I don't know what y'all are on about about the overloading and spam... The problems I have are: (in order of severity in my opinion)
    - Every time someone shift-clicks on a chest with full chest/inventory, or attempts to use a map, the whole server crashes. Workaround: set up an auto-restart every 15 mins or so
    - Jail plug-in doesn't work. I have to ban users, which I hate doing :C
    - BigBrother's "/bb rollback" doesn't work
    - Essentials economy signs don't work
    - When you come out of the nether through a portal, half the time it disconnects the client and the other half you re-appear on the normal world but with red fog (post-apocalyptic screenshots trolololo) and you have to relog anyways.
    - The known tools bug of course

I'd much, MUCH rather stay on 1.5 as I still don't have the aforementioned auto-restarter so I have to check the console every 2 minutes. However most of my players upgraded and are too lazy to downgrade... XD

6. Offline

Znote

I am running 813
    chunks are loading slowly when you explore new areas. Not much of a biggie.
    and some minor problems with chestshop.
    After high uptime 2 - 3 days server tend to hang up and a reboot is required.
    Tool bug exist. After dying, when you take etc your pickaxe that you dropped on death will go away in 1 use.
    (This is fixed in 815 but it looks like 815 is way more unstable than 813 lol). :p

Using Permissions 2.7, iConomy and iCoLand. I do not seem to have the crash related issues stated above. And nether portal works perfectly fine.

7. Offline

DylanP

I'll wait for a recommended build.

8. Offline

LEOcab

Oh, and another major bug for 815: sometimes players can't connect and get an "Internal server error". Sometimes deleting the username.yml from plugins/Essentials/userdata does the trick (although they lose all their items) but sometimes it doesn't and they can't connect ever again. I'm not sure if this is Bukkit's fault, or Essentials, or another one of the plug-ins I have, but it still sucks. :/

I just updated to 816 (seeing it on there made my day!) and I'll post back if I see anything different from what I've posted.

Woah. Perhaps I should have stuck with 813! :confused:

9. Offline

parker_digg

817 is a mess. No one can connect, and caused 9 missing chunks around spawn area.

10. Tell me 816/817 are good and stable.please?

11. Offline

tharvoil

So far 817 has fixed all the issues I've had in 815, although the lack of multiworld makes me sad. I was using Wormhole Xtreme for a nether portal to restrict access from non-donators, and now I have to settle for a normal nether portal locked behind a lwc door... $10 says my donators forget to close the door behind them.

12. Offline

Oscarius

Lockette has a function that closes a door 5 seconds after it's opened.

13. Offline

parker_digg

nope :(

14. damn!

15. Offline

parker_digg

Can't connect to the server, "Internal Error" message. Also, I had 9 missing chunks scattered around spawn. Luckily I made a backup! 1.5 until recommended.

16. Offline

Greylocke

[816] killed a lot of the thread errors I was seeing and chunks were loading properly again after a teleport. Nether travel and skybox issues were fixed. I never had a chunk corruption issue (just because it doesn't load doesn't mean it is missing or corrupted) and practically all of the plugins worked flawlessly. Seems to be making better use of memory, too.

I backed-up the 1.5 world and warned my Citizens. They've been enjoying 1.6 since Thursday.
    My PlugIn List (open)
    EpicZones
    Permissions
    RetractableBridge
    PumpkinDiver
    Lockette
    ThisBiome
    dynmap
    mcbans
    SimpleCensor
    SpyerAdmin
    PorteCoulissante
    FireControl
    Vanilla
    OtherBlocks
    HeroicDeath
    LogBlock
    Tombstone
    PlugMan
    MCDocs
    BigCatch
    CommandBook
    Snowballz
    PickBoat
    WorldEdit
    FenceDoor
    HeroChat

17. Offline

marinating

815 works fine for a couple of hours, but plugin listeners start acting up and a couple of reloads/a clean reboot are/is needed.

I updated to 818 and it seems to have a similar issue.

18. I got a server @ Ubuntu 11.04, java7, core i5 and 16gigs of RAM.

When the iCoLand plugin was enabled, our serverload was around 1.03~1.17.
    I disabled iCoLand and added TownyAdv instead, now our serverload = 0.03.

19. Offline

agafaba

Have you tried updating to 1060?

20. Yes ofcourse, but it is fixed now, since we dont use iCoLand anymore :eek:

21. Offline

globox44t

Teleportrequest is not working

22. Offline

c0mp

Check the dates, I'm sure you're experiencing an issue unrelated to using a non-recommended 1.6 build. Please consider starting your own thread for any issues you're currently facing. Locking thread to prevent further necromancy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.