Which Permissions plugin to use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by thefowles1, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

thefowles1

I apologize if this has been addressed, and I also apologize that I am unable to currently try anything (several users currently logged on to the server, and I don't want to kill it).
    I'm totally new to Bukkit and have been using the development builds for MC 1.0.1. I learned about some permissions plugins, and I wanted to use them, but I saw that most were not updated for the development releases.
    Now that the recommended build is for MC 1.0.1, what permissions plugin should I use? Do they *need* to be updated to 1597, or can I use some 1337 versions?

2. Offline

Killburner

I use bPermissions because the author releases frequent updates. PEX updates less often, but has the most feature-wise. PermissionsBukkit hasn't gotten much love it appears.

3. Offline

thefowles1

I see bPermissions has been updated for 1.0.1, so that answers the question of whether it has been updated or not. Thanks! :)
    Now, is setting permissions entirely done by .yml and group modification by console? Or is there some GUI to it?

4. Offline

DT_Rush

You should try them all because its all about personal preference, but i like PermissionsEx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.