which part of this code?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Techy4198, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Techy4198

I have found this code:
    https://github.com/TZer0/Games/blob/master/src/tzer0/Games/GOL.java
    it is part of a plugin which includes Conway's game of life.
    could someone tell me what part of that code does all the cell calculations that decide whether the cell should be alive or dead? hint: it sets them to light blue wool for dead and black wool for alive.

2. Offline

rangersmash

This code doesn't contain any part of setting light blue/black wool. I've checked.

Also, can I just say that we're not going to help you steal/find code from another plugin. Design calculations/logic yourself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Offline

Techy4198

rangersmash it isn't stealing, they wouldn't release the source code if they didn't want people using it, silly -_-
    also the reason I am asking is because I HAVE tried myself, but always seem to fail at it. it either lags the server to a halt and crashes it, or does exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. also, if that is your attitude to people who ask for help, I politely suggest you leave.

rangersmash as for the fact that there is no light blue/black wool in there, I can only assume that the developer has some weird way of transferring his minigame data between classes. I will continue to try my own code.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. We don't like handing out code as it is X-mas. We also don't like to copy paste stuff. We can help you if you describe the algorithm for us and tell us what you have so far :)

Happy new year btw

5. Offline

Techy4198

Sgt_Tailor I can't show you my current code, because I don't have any. When I can't get something to work, every so often I just write down what it has to do, delete it, and start from scratch, and I haven't got round to starting work on it again yet because of Christmas.

here is a simulation page of Conway's Game of Life, the simulation 'rule set' is at the bottom, aswell as a link to the wiki page.
    http://www.bitstorm.org/gameoflife/

6. I will help you next year ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.