Where is there a list of uploaded file status codes and what they mean?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by dunbaratu, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dunbaratu

I'm talking about "semi-normal" and "waiting on project" and the like. I have no idea what they mean. A bit of google searching showed some really old forum page from a few years ago that lists file statuses but doesn't mention any of the ones I've seen so I think it might be out of date. I've also found threads about "semi-normal", which conflictingly some said it means the file is anything OTHER THAN a Java JAR, and others say it flags any file that it is used for files that ARE Java JARs.

But the really confusing one is "Waiting on Project" because that seems to imply I'm supposed to do a thing - but I don't know what that thing is. I don't know what it means.

2. Offline

SnipsRevival

I can't give you an official list of what the project statuses mean, but I can tell you my personal experiences.

"Waiting on "Project" appears to come before your project's page (where you describe your project) has been approved but you have submitted a file anyway. Once your project has been approved, your file status will then change to "Needs Approval".

"Needs Approval" should be fairly obvious — your file needs to be approved by a BukkitDev staff member. Once your file has been approved, it switches to "Semi-normal".

"Semi-normal" is the one which still baffles me. If it is marked as such, your file has been approved, but I can not give you a reason as to why it is not "Normal". I have never seen a file marked "Normal", so I don't even know if it exists. Just rest assured that your file is available to download if it gets marked "Semi-normal".

3. Offline

np98765

Semi-normal: This means we've approved the file I learned that semi-normal comes from the lack of a .toc file.
    Waiting on project: The file won't be queued until the project has been approved as normal.
    Under Review: Someone is currently looking at the file or waiting for you to make a change to the title (you will be notified).

If your project is Experimental and you have a file that's listed as "Waiting on project", resubmit the project.

4. Offline

SnipsRevival

np98765 Can you clarify why there isn't a "Normal" status, or if there is one, what requirements must be met to achieve that status?

5. Offline

np98765

You won't see any files with "normal" status on BukkitDev, although you may on other Curseforge sites that don't do approvals. "Normal" means that files haven't been queued and reviewed before being approved.

6. Offline

SnipsRevival

That is a little bit counter-intuitive, don't you think? It would make sense for files that haven't been approved to be marked as "Semi-normal" and for the files that have been approved, like those on BukkitDev, to be marked as "Normal".

7. Offline

np98765

Files that haven't been approved aren't marked as Semi-normal -- Semi-normal is for files that we manually review then approve (all files on BukkitDev). If your file hasn't been approved yet it will be listed as "Needs Approval" :p

8. Offline

SnipsRevival

No I was referring to what you said about files on other Curse sites.

9. Offline

dunbaratu

This is exactly the scenario I'm in. It was approved but there is no activity on this file in the file queue (two earlier versions of the file were checked and approved but then after that it's been stuck for about 5 days in "Waiting on Project" status.)

When resubmitting a project is it possible to use the same name again or will that mess things up?

10. Offline

TnT

The "semi-normal" status is about as close to normal as it comes with Bukkit Plugins. This status comes about due to a lack of a .toc file - which is used for Wow addons and possibly other CurseForge hosted projects, but not Bukkit Plugins. There is nothing to be concerned about if your file has a "semi-normal" status.

11. Offline

dunbaratu

Bumping for this question which I need an answer to before I can continue:
    When resubmitting a project is it possible to use the same name again or will that mess things up?

12. Offline

chaseoes

When you resubmit a project it's still the same project, you're just telling the system that we need to look at it again. The name will not change.

13. Offline

dunbaratu

So I take it then that "resubmit" doesn't mean "start over from scratch and make a new project for it", which is what I was about to do.

14. Offline

chaseoes

No, it means you're resubmitting the current project. All you do is click the link.

15. Offline

dunbaratu

Gaaah. There's so many places where what the BukkitDev site does is not what it seems like it will do and you can't find out until it's too late and you've already done it. "Resubmit", as it turns out, tries to take it out of experimental state (I see this message now on the main project page: "
    This has been submitted for approval to become non-experimental.")
    NOTHING warned me that this is what the "resubmit" link means. Sure, it says to be sure the project is in the state I want it first, but that page does NOT say I'm submitting it for beta stage approval. I hadn't marked my file as beta yet, and now I'm afraid that the re-submittal will get rejected because the reviewer will now think I wanted to upgrade my status out of "experimental" without a beta file.

16. Offline

chaseoes

Your project was never rejected, it was approved as experimental the first time you submitted it. So you would have never had the option to resubmit for approval, only to get out of experimental.

17. Offline

dunbaratu

Then there's an error in the way things are described by the user interface on the website then. Because what it said after I used the re-submit link was this:
    Code:
    This has been submitted for approval to become non-experimental
    When it didn't say that line before. And I just got it approved after my re-submittal. And the re-approval said it was approved as experimental. So I think that what's happening is that that message is being triggered in a situation where it shouldn't be.

18. Offline

chaseoes

It appears the resubmit for approval link is also used for getting out of experimental status. I wasn't aware of this as it automatically requests to leave experimental status when you untick the "this project is experimental" checkbox, or upload a release file.

I made your project experimental again after you resubmitted as you indicated above that you didn't wish to leave experimental status.

19. Offline

dunbaratu

Okay well thanks for looking into it. I guess once a project already has a beta file in it then the resubmit button would essentially work like you said it does, so it's only in the case where the project is experimental that there'd be a difference.

I won't be ready to leave experimental status until I work out how to make my project function correctly with doublechests, which right now it doesn't do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.