Where is the right click listener?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by xZise, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xZise

Okay in one build (maybe 500?) it isn't possible to register a right click listener anymore, but what could I use instead?

Fabian

2. No, I don't know how to use the event. I'd guess using if (event instanceof BlockRightClickEvent) but that's a guess based on what happened to the damage events

3. Offline

xZise

I don't think so, because this BlockRightClickEvent is deprecated. and I don't know if this Event only gets fired when somebody right click on something because this new class also have an action field where different actions can be stored.

Fabian

4. Offline

NathanWolf

PLAYER_ITEM is still it, I'm pretty sure. That will get you anytime the mouse is right-clicked, regardless of what is clicked on.

5. Offline

xZise

Okay sorry for confusing you, but somebody told me, that my plugin wasn't to register the right click event. But at least with the newest RB (522) it is working the old way, so I don't have to change anything (and I could without breaking every bukkit build). The change I found was in another branch (block-events I think) and there (@NathanWolf) the PLAYER_ITEM event was renamed to PLAYER_INTERACT.

Fabian

6. Offline

NathanWolf

Hrm- was it? Why is my plugin not broken then?? :D

Guess I need to go look into that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.