Where do I learn Java?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ventality, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RawCode

fixed! :)

Nothing more to discuss here.

2. Offline

The_Doctor_123

It's whatever you think is better for you. Lots of people read books, and about all of them succeed in the end. That is why I recommend it.

3. Offline

Ventality

Okay :)

4. Offline

RawCode

• Pointless flamebaiting
    The_Doctor_123
    It's whatever you think is better for you. Lots of people read oracle documentation, and all of them succeed in the end. That is why I recommend it.

5. Offline

1Rogue

This isn't helping.

The thread has been answered, the OP has gotten plenty of replies. No need for any more

[​IMG]

6. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Is it really necessary to mock me? But 1Rogue is right.

7. Offline

1Rogue

Is it even necessary to reply? Let it go, the consistent bickering is pretty childish on both ends.

8. Offline

Technius

Read this document (I found it using Google). It's an introduction to computer programming that starts from the hardware and eventually gets to programming languages. You can stop reading when you get to the Python section at the end of the document, if you want. Afterwards, read the official Java documentation found here. Specifically, you may want to start here.

Many programmers prefer to use eclipse, an open source integrated development environment (IDE), for Java programming. Of course, there are many IDEs out there, like the ones that 1Rogue points out below. Don't feel forced to use only one or two IDEs; try them all out and use the one that you like the most.

(Offtopic?) I started with C++... dealing with pointers was a nightmare as a beginner, haha.

Edit: Added more info. Oh, and fixed some typos and grammatical errors.
    Edit2: Added more info about IDEs.

RawCode, 1Rogue and Ventality like this.
  9. Offline

The_Doctor_123

1Rogue
    Is it not right for me to defend myself? I don't believe by posts would be defined as bickering.

10. Offline

1Rogue

You could attempt to be the bigger person and not feed into the pointless off-topic banter, yes.

Awesome suggestion. As far as IDE's go, I personally recommend against eclipse (though it is a valid option).

My personal choice is netbeans:
    http://netbeans.org/

There's also IntelliJ:
    http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

11. Offline

The_Doctor_123

I don't exactly care if you think that the bigger person would not continue this. I don't allow insults and such stand.

12. Offline

TheLexoPlexx

This thread has 72 Posts xD the most answers, I ever saw on this Forum :D

13. Offline

w84u2cy

14. Offline

HeavyMine13

15. Offline

TheLexoPlexx

16. Offline

Necrodoom

Locked.
    RawCode has gotten an infraction for flamebaiting. You stated your opinion once, fine. Other people have different opinions. Come back when you are able to respect what other people think, and not try to force your opinion on them.

The_Doctor_123 I have warned you just the other day. You keep getting into arguments and flaming others despite numerous warnings from me and other moderators. The proper way to deal with someone flaming you is reporting them and have a moderator deal with it. Perhaps a tempban will help you understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.