Solved Where do I get Java 1.8 for Mac os x 10.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JamieTLM, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JamieTLM

So I made my own server, and essentials wasn't working.
    Then it was brought to my attention I need Java 1.8.
    But I can't find any java 1.8 that works with MAC OS X 10.6.8!
    Does anyone know where I can find java 1.8 for mac os x 10.6.8?
    Thx.

2. Offline

mc_myster

do you have any version of java on your Mac at the moment?

3. Offline

JamieTLM

I have Java 1.6.0

4. Offline

mc_myster

5. Offline

JamieTLM

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

@JamieTLM Did you even look at the page? There's a nice bright yellow box that has a link to download the latest version of Java.
    ss+(2015-10-12+at+10.27.32).png

Why don't you go give that a click and then download and install Java :)

7. Offline

Jeyge

@oceantheskatr
    The more important parts of that page for this user would be:

How do I know if I have Java installed on my Mac?

Mac OS X 10.6 and below: Apple's Java comes pre-installed with your Mac OS.
    Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and above: Java is not pre-installed with Mac OS X versions 10.7 and above. To get the latest Java from Oracle, you will need Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above.
    If you have Java 7 or later versions, you will see a Java icon under System Preferences.
    Java versions 6 and below are listed in the Java Preferences.app located in the Applications > Utilities folder on your Mac.

I do not have Mac version 10.7.3 (Lion) or higher. How do I get Java for other Mac versions?

For Java versions 6 and below, Apple supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Apple's Java for your Mac.
    Users of Lion Mac OS X 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 should upgrade to 10.7.3 or later versions, so you can get the latest Java version from Oracle.

Why is Oracle Java available only for Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above?

The Java Runtime depends on the availability of an Application programming interface (API). Some of the API were added in Mac OS X 10.7.3. Apple has no plans to make those API available on older versions of the Mac OS.

8. Offline

oceantheskatr

@Jeyge @JamieTLM Ahh well in that case my apologies, I better understand what you couldn't find on the page! :p

It appears that you need at least OS X Lion (10.7) to get Java 7 or 8. I read that there was a way to modify the Java 7 package to allow it to install on Snow Leopard though, so you may want to look at that. The following page has more information about it, though you are welcome to do your own research or look for a tutorial on YouTube if you'd like.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13536667/how-to-install-java-jdk-7-on-snow-leopard

9. Offline

JamieTLM

I don't have lion.
    This might help:

Attached Files:

10. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yes I know, you said you have 10.6.8 which is Snow Leopard.

11. Offline

JamieTLM

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS HELPED A LOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.