Where can I find the world-file from my server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Hypetic, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hypetic

I've found a program called minutor, which can display minecraft worlds from above with caves and everything. Now this works fine with my offline worlds, but i'd like to use it on my servers world as well. But I've only found a few level.dats which clearly aren't the world-files I'm looking for, since they are only 1k in size, and look nothing like my server-world.

So where can I find the world-files from my server? Is it inside the craftbukkit-0.01-SNAPSHOT.jar?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

Zaros

They are located inside your world folder. This is located inside your main server folder

3. Offline

Hypetic

Hi Zaros, thanks for your quick reply!
    From bukkit/worlds I find level.dat and level.dat.old, are these the files you are talking about?
    They're 1 kilobytes in size each.

Alright, I found it. However, it's the original map, before any changes or houses were made. But this helps too, thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

Zaros

Yea, server dat and single dat are different.

5. Offline

Hypetic

But there is no server.dat or single.dat :( And turns out level.dat isn't even my servers map. But seriously, thanks for replying and trying to help! I really appreciate it.

6. Offline

Zaros

I wasn't referring to .dat files, I was simply referring to dat files they use. I don't know if Minutor has SMP support, but I would suggests dynmap if it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.