When will CraftBukkit for 1.4 be released?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Update (Oct 27 @ 10:24 PM EST): We've just pushed out our first CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.2 development build, see this post for more information.

--------------------------

With the Minecraft 1.4 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.4. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the rapid release of preview builds for the impending 1.4 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.4.2. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.4 preview was made available to the public, each new preview build leads to delays in our update process as we, essentially, need to start over with each one.

In the past releasing a Recommended Build has caused apparent confusion within the community, as a result for this release, and moving forward, we will follow the "Dev -> Beta -> Recommended Build" release methodology. We are going to release a Beta build as soon as we can get a stable build devoid of any significant bugs.

As we have done a significant amount of important work on CraftBukkit 1.3.2 builds, we have promoted a new Recommended Build recently. This was done so that people have a reliable, stable build to use until we can get a 1.4 compatible build out and so that everyone who relies on Recommended Builds are able to take advantage of all the fixes, improvements and so on we've done since the last 1.3.2 RB.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support; we greatly appreciate it!

2. Offline

iTunes

Bukkit is NICE!! OMG SO NICE!! I NEED THE 1.4.2 UPDATE, SO NICE!!!!! YOU CAN IT! GOODLUCK MAN! :D

3. Offline

noneandnonly

How stupid is it to not make a backup and go from bukkit to vanilla then?
    I've taken a backup of everything of my bukkit server as it was in 1.3.2, now I've changed it to 1.4.2 vanilla and gave everyone creative, to play around with stuff until bukkit's up again. So they can all grief as much as they want and do whatever.
    Once bukkit is out, I'll get all my plugins working, import the backup and have a normal "bukkit" time again. Where's the problem? I'm having so much fun as an admin griefing the world that we build up within a year or more :D

1mpre55, NightWolf and jfbweatherman like this.
  4. Offline

iTunes

noneandnonly, i tell you.. bukkit is better than Vanilla. Bukkit have everything! TAKE IT!! BUKKIT IS NICE! :D

5. Offline

takataka77

Many people across the globe are unhappy with this Minecraft system and many have some great suggestions. Personally, I think that Mojang (the Minecraft team) should be working on implementing a way to fix this issue, rather than making more and more updates that just make the problem bigger.

6. Offline

nvrsbr

Just be glad that someone is working on it...
    Imagine if there was not :p

7. Offline

noneandnonly

I didn't even say I don't use bukkit. I'm just not using it as long as there's no 1.4.2 version available and play ("griefing"-)vanilla meanwhile and have fun!!! That's all :D

8. Offline

bigdan3434

When they come out with it it will be worth the wait settle down

9. Offline

robotnikthingy

You sound like you want to rub bukkit all over your body while moaning and... i think i went to far

lulzy quote is going in my signature

XboxEnforcer likes this.
  10. Offline

iTunes

Lol i know it

11. Offline

LiLChris

:oops:

12. Offline

Swang

Actually I didn't feel like setting up an avatar. I have no difficulties with reading and didn't whip up the account five minutes ago to post my angry and misspelled post like so many have done.

I wonder what all the tweens would do if we always responded to any post about the ETA with a copy/paste quote of "When its out", "When you are older" or "Before Christmas" we might get lucky and they may go bug someone else about their first world problems.

1mpre55 likes this.
  13. Offline

mughi

i think an automatic 2-day ban would probably be more effective
    :p

1mpre55 likes this.
  14. Offline

Swang

That may be good too. Less trouble on our part. Like a time-out for asking stupid questions.

15. Offline

Siggy999

The only thing funnier than the deluge of butthurt that immediately follows Mojang's update, is the avalanche of fail when the same people immediately install the first beta and the focus of angst shifts to the plugins.

It's cheaper than premium cable and I only get to enjoy it every couple of months.

16. Offline

tanveergt5

I don't mean everyone in general, obviously there are many mature 13 year olds here who have control and are more mature than the 15/16 year olds I have come across

17. Offline

NightWolf

This. I posted this a long time ago. This is EXACTLY what you all should do if your users want 1.4.2. It's hilarious and amazing to watch everyone just TNT each other and laugh.

18. Offline

Morlanius

... 24 pages .... I never did like them saying "Are we there yet?" ..... that's why they live under the hay-barn now.

19. Offline

Deight

I should delete my map if i want to go to 1.4.2 or i can keep my current map ... Thx

20. Offline

mmiillkkaa

Every time I look at this topic the post number is 100 higher...
    :eek:

21. Offline

Morlanius

In response to your FAQ: An alteration you should make there on the question "Why can't they just get a early release?"
    The code doesn't get jumble up to stop people from stealing it, the unusual file names generated are due to the compilation process, those names map to a table, its for the ease of the JRE to access linked files and thus the functions within.
    Second, they would not have to start over, they would still have the uncompiled code untouched of the compile process, what was compiled from. From and To and different things, you take a bunch of sources, you compile and link them, then they are indexed and placed into an archive for the JRE to access. after this process you are left with your code (untouched), the linking object files used by the compiler and linker, and your output file.

just saying ...

22. Offline

Mrchasez

Can't wait! Player base is so low right now haha.
    I should have limited my map more so we could have 1.4 generation features, oh well.
    I don't want to use that iffy bukkit hack either.

I wish minecraft updates weren't such a hassle. Updating all the plugins and doing this all the time is annoying.
    Map resets and plugin errors are all a shame. Oh well.

Good luck bukkit

23. Offline

Morlanius

This update shouldn't require map reset surely?

24. Offline

Tissueslayer991

Can't wait for the update! But it's killing me how there's no dev build yet. But I can wait... :( And keep up your good work bukkit! :)

25. Offline

fbafaro

Ho do I join the dev team. I would like to help as I am a software programmer.

26. Offline

Gravity

You contribute to Bukkit on GitHub, you don't just join the dev team. If you have something to add or modify, do it, and if you are helpful and supportive, someone might take notice.

1mpre55 likes this.
  27. Offline

Noobyfied

Most plugins are compatible with the new bukkit.

28. Offline

fbafaro

Is the code for 1.4.2 is on github. How does it work, you guy's have to decompile their code and put it back together in bukkit.

29. Offline

Mrchasez

How would you know when it isn't released?

30. Offline

Temido2222

Bukkit is my best friend... Mojang, DON'T make a 1.4.3 update in 10 minutes, Bukkit will have to start again
    edit: oops misspelled Mojang

31. Offline

Gravity

No not yet we're in the process of updating.
    I've explained the process in great detail on this thread, look back a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.