When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Seems to be working fine on 812, although the chunk issue is still that issue. :p

3. Offline

Tonyfrenchies

Thanks for the update, now my server is open in 1.6.4 !! Thank u very much :)

[​IMG]

4. Offline

Jucko13

well i thought Yeahh! new update! so i started playing singleplayer to craft a map, it took me 35 min to craft one... my client crashed 26 times ans is saved with the crafted map in my hand.. as soon as i load the game and i can see my hands it freezes with the message Chunk Loading... hhahaha i think i skip this version :p but anyway keep up the good work bukkit!

5. Offline

Cryx_Endbringer

I tried out 812 on my server Adversary.

Errors:
    -Mobs do not spawn. (Those prespawned upon server boot were all misplaced and not able to be interacted with. Most were in blocks.)
    -Nether is uneditable.
    -Plugins do not work yet (not a surprise or huge deal):
    MultiVerse
    MyWolf
    OpenInv
    TooManyItems
    Selfclosing Doors
    AdminMode
    SuperPowers

The mobs not spawning (or re spawning in the case of the tamed wolves) is the only issue that would make it immediately unplayable.

6. Offline

OliTheG

I'm off to bed in the UK.

Best of luck guys! I only have 1 more hour of LP footage to render and upload to youtube before I need 1.6.4!

7. Offline

Tonyfrenchies

Lol Jucko, we need to wait a few of time to play this new release correctly :) Be patient... If you wanna play, you can join the RedStone Island Server to have fun... See yaaa ;)

8. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Personally I'm grateful for a breather...I haven't had a lot of time to attend to my plugins, and this should give me enough to get at couple of things.

9. Offline

chrisc97

Seconded. I told one of my users time and time again not to update. What do I hear the day of the update?

"Chris, I've updated and can't get on the server, when's it going to update?"

10. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  11. Offline

Tonyfrenchies

This is the better way, waiting patiently.. whoever, if you want to test our Server in 1.6.2, you can just add our ip address : IP ::: redstone-island.eu

12. Offline

FlyJ4ck

812 on my server
    everything was working smooth for past 5 hours
    world edit
    world guard
    factions
    mywolf
    commandbook ect ect ect

But we had serveral crashes during last hour, as i discovered cause of maps. (one faction had base where their first map ended, so when they was lookin on first map at this border kinda thing, whole server crashed)

Just play with no risk and tell people not to use maps :)

13. Offline

akrieger

Going from hacked-in nether/multiple world support to official support is not a smooth process. Right now, for my plugin Nethrar, what happens is players will teleport from the normal world to *a* Nether world, but not the right one. Players will teleport to the default nether world (which seems to be world_nether, if you teleported from world), instead of the one I coded in. Weird.
    Bukkit team, any place you guys recommend we post bug reports / observations for the 812+ builds, to help you guys with the update process?

14. Offline

TnT

Do not link to 1.5 clients, it will be promptly deleted.

15. Offline

pagan0ne

there is, if they backed up the client first, otherwise no. they need a copy of the old .minecraft/bin folder and it is illegal to distribute it under mojang's licence

because the build wont be supported by the bukkit developers and they dont recommend you use it... thats what makes it 'unsupported' and 'not recommended' as far as playability, the FIRST POST says in their opinion it is not playable. If you would like to track it down and do some testing yourself, feel free to, just dont expect support or help, and it MAY eat your CAKE!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

maxrate.pl

Iam representing one of the hosting company and today I've patched all my servers with brand new one bukkit dev 812.

After couple of hours of testing there are some buggy issues as follows:

1. CPU utilization is higher than before
    2. After the command in the game /warp ... the server crashes and CPU rises up to 150% and there is no possibility to play on, server becomes ver laggy.
    3. After patching , during the restart, server spawn new map ?

17. I've been waiting to hear what you guys were doing. I'm glad you're working to get everything sorted out.

18. Offline

Grimmy777

Im sure you all will figure it out quickly. We love what you do for us!

19. Offline

maxrate.pl

have fun with our 1.6.4 server :) very advance

[​IMG]

20. Offline

Kainzo

Dear god man - spellcheck your junk.

pagan0ne likes this.
  21. Offline

Bronski

That's like that time he went on vacation while we could barely log on for a week. And that other time we couldn't log on for days and they were tweeting how awesome their nerf guns battles were in the office. And that other time...

Anywy, good job Bukkit devs. You notified us well in advance and myself and my users are well-prepared for today! *accidently pushes update button* NEUUUuuuuuuu

22. Offline

Baconman97

NOOOOOOOOO D:

23. Offline

Clontarf[X]

Looking forward to a recommended build. Happily sitting on 1.5. I dare not run a Minecraft server without CraftBukkit and all it's plugin hotness...

24. Offline

Lakart

My server is/willbe/kindofhappeningnow having a tournament and I made sure(since we started organizing a week ago) to make one of the tournament rules that we wouldn't be updating to 1.6.* until there was a RECOMMENDED bukkit build and if you updated your minecraft and couldn't log on that's your problem.

Good work bukkit gang, looking forward to the new recc build.

25. Exactly! Since Notch more-or-less announced he was axing the modding API I am so glad to have found Bukkit :)

26. Offline

axebyte

Maybe you should wait to a supported version of bukkit is released before you update a slew of servers with it?
    It really isnt that hard to not update your client (now anyhow) when an update comes.

27. Offline

OrtwinS

Any prognoses/expieriences on how or if the new official nether support picks up our current nether worlds?

Do the coordinates still fit? or does it generate a completely new nether?
    Can we integrate our current nether into the new one (ie change the name of the folder)?

A certain faction on my server build themselves a large network of secret Nether portals which makes them a lot faster/flexible than the others, they are worried they might have to rebuild (They actually tunnel through nether lava lakes to keep it hidden!)

28. Offline

woodzy

as bukkit reported 1.6 is not playable at this time in multiplayer
    this makes me sad

29. Offline

LUCKYer9056

if there was a buildoff for the fix i would win i already have a working bukkit server for v1.6.4

30. Offline

akrieger

In theory, I think it should work, based on what I've seen with my testing and how the code changes are going. You might have to rename folders, however, ideally, you shouldn't have to. That being said, it doesn't work yet.

31. Offline

dragos240

Has anyone tried 813? It built less than an hour ago.

I'm just waiting right now for the recommended build. Thanks to all the devs who make bukkit possible and free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.