When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Offline

chaney

hmm 1.6.5 update has been released.
    Good Luck on keeping up with Notch.
    :eek:

3. Offline

Snow Leopard

I think 1.6.5 seems to be stable. Go bukkit team!

4. Offline

Malkierian

Obviously, if he's worth his stuff, he won't say we're out of beta until things like this don't happen nearly as often or as severely.

5. Offline

BOMS1

Go get em bukkit team u got this keep on doing what u do best and don't listed to the please hurry comments - just do your best and forget the rest! :D

6. Offline

Psilent Knight

Sometimes during the development of a major software product you realize that a minor or even major refactoring is needed for a variety of reasons. One unfortunate side-effect of this process is the potential to introduce new bugs. No matter how careful you are, it just happens sometimes. Based on some of Notch's previous posts, it sounded like there was a refactor on the horizon. There was probably a real good reason for it and once the bugs are taken care of Minecraft (and therefore us) will quite likely benefit greatly.

Please show the Bukkit guys a little respect. They've given quite a bit to the community and, at least in my opinion, deserve to be treated a bit better than some of the... noisier... people are treating them.

- PK

7. Offline

Kotoa

Good point, but tbh I don't want to play without bukkit. (not that I get chance to play anyway) xD

Thanks bukkit team!

8. Offline

Rytharr

To all the people complaining about new bugs guess what we paid money to be Beta testers that means its not Notches job to find all the bugs it's our job and it is his job to have them fixed when the game leaves beta. If you dont like the bugs then don't play a game still in development.

9. Offline

shankypoo

no one is complaining

some idiot trolled you guys and got a page and a half of responses.

back on topic, please.

10. Offline

SkullThumper

I <3 NOTCH, MINECRAFT AND BUKKIT

I could not do better and how is the newest Bukkit working with 1.6.5?

11. Offline

Penguinwiz

Can someone answer this? It got kinda buried under 5 pages of flamewar without anyone responding...

12. Offline

KRFenigma

so seen as people are making statment that are not ture, i thought i would ask a simple question here.

What maths did you use to get the answer to be 2x as many bugs as fixes?

13. Offline

pyromanic

Lolol, NERDRAGE.

Eagerly awaiting more of Notches fixes so Bukkit can get updated as well!

14. Offline

KRFenigma

Thats not nice, how do you know the person making the statment doesn't suffer from dyslexia, lets say he does suffer from dyslexia just like i do, does that mean i can't call someone an idiot, cos i can't read, write and spell?

Also if that person does suffer from dyslexia, does that make then an idiot aslso, because the way you say
    "but don't call people idiots if you don't know the difference between Your and You're." that doesn't show they don't know the difference that only shows they don't know how to spell it.

I know the differenc between the 3 types of there, but i only use "there" for every thing, does this mean i am an idiot or does it mean i just don't want to type the different spelling for it?

So as you feel that someone using the incorect spelling of a word to be wrong and somewhat an idiot them self is a tad wrong wouldn't you say, telling someone not to call someone else and idiot if they can't use the right spelling.

Alas i feel even if the person did use the corect spelling you would have still asked them not to, but you didn't do this you called the person an idiot (not in so many words) for failing to use the correct spelling.

so based on this asumtion you made would you call stephen hawking an idiot, if we take your point of
    "don't call people idiots if you don't know the difference between Your and You're." addapt it to the normal function of a human body, to walk and move around freely by muscle, stephen hawking must be an idiot, as he can't do that, can you see how what you said was just plain wrong, and the only rreason you stated what you did was because you are in fact an idiot your self for making such a fatal error in your asumtion.

P.S i know i will have hurt your little ego, I mean come one you just got verbally bitched slapped, from someone that has an IQ of over 130, and can't spell

Tell you what just to make you feel better I'll even tell you how to ban me, but don't wast your time with an IP ban cos that wil piss me off, and by that i mean ill have to spend 2 more second using a proxy just to come back and verbally bitched slappe you again for being an idiot and getting every thing wrong, maybe think first

15. Offline

AssassinzGhost

Really? U mad bro?

16. Offline

PhantomGamers

Wasn't my intention to piss anyone off, but I have to tell you I laughed a lot that I got someone to spend so much time on a reply to me :confused:

You need to relax.

1. Yes, it does mean you can't call someone an idiot because you cannot read, write, or spell.
    Not because you are an idiot, but because the person you are calling an idiot doesn't know that unless you specify in your comment that you are dyslexic.

2. No, you aren't an idiot for only using there, but some may say you are quite annoying, butchering the English Language intentionally and all.

3. I never called the person I replied to an idiot, it's just a bit hypocritical to call someone an idiot when you show signs of not being able to use correct grammar.

That is all.
    Please direct any other personal attacks towards me into a PM, so we don't spam the thread.
    I would be very happy to argue further with you there. :)

P.S: Please do tell me how to ban you, I was unaware that PLUGIN DEVELOPERS were allowed to ban...

17. Offline

croxis

<off topic rant>
    The symptoms of dyslexia result in letters being switched when reading or writing, or letters being drawn "backwards" when hand writing. Over the past couple of decades it has been used as a kind of catch all classification for any kind of reading impairment or, unfortunately, a cop out. This has made things very difficult for teachers, therapist, and those who actually have dyslexia by diverting resources from those who actually have the neurological condition to those who are just intellectually lazy. Psychological labeling seems to be much more common on the Eastern side of the United States than the Western (which is mine) so I suspect there are cultural factors at play. There are also non native English speakers to consider as well. However it seems (my opinion) that these individuals do try and apply a formal grammatical structure and not write in the kind of manner that I hear in a middle school hallway (just say'n).

To pull a drunken rant into a coherent statement: Your, you're, there, their, they're. If you only want to use one that is your choice, but don't get your undies all bunched up if someone calls your out for it (especially if it is the whole pot kettle black thing).

Oh yah. Firefox (and chrome as well I think) has a built in spell checker. If spelling is an issue, switch browsers.
    </off topic rant>

And now on topic. Keep up the good work devs! I look forward to the 1.6 release!

Malkierian likes this.
  18. Offline

gyoza

**THROAT PUNCH**

19. Offline

illuzian

Just out of interest.... and flame me if I've missed it in the last 16 pages. Is there a build of 1.6.5? I can't seem to find the minecraft server versioning anywhere although due to the time uploaded I'm guessing 815 is 1.6.4..

20. Offline

Armaxxx

goodstuff, minecraft was the awesomest thing i ever played, it was pure[gold]
    but with this, ohh maan its [diamond] soo pleaseee, keep up the good work until beta finishes, and oficial comes out, also dont want to bother, but can you make it a little faster because we always get the updates late jejejeje....good as [cookedmeat]

21. Offline

PatricB

Its hard to catch anything important when all you see is off topic rants about something you dont care about... isnt it?

I have been checking this thread all day like alot of other server admins I'm sure, please for the love of notch can we refrain people?

Is there a bukkit release that is worth the effort? that is the question we all want to know the answer to.

22. Offline

Rocky

Use 815!

Ci.bukkit.org

Also, some things need to be said. =3

23. Offline

illuzian

What server version is 815? Is it 1.6.5? or 1.6.4. If the latter, will this be compatible with 1.6.5 clients?

24. Offline

t2wave

Latter. But an earlier post said that 815 works with 1.6.5.

25. Offline

Corey Meadors

Hey can someone help me please How would I Manually install a build on servercraft

26. Offline

andrewkm

are you?

Pr4w likes this.
  27. Offline

RedsamuraiXIII

whoever says that waiting was easy, certainly has never been addicted to anything. On a brighter note though, 1.6.5 is appears to be more stable then the rest of the patches. Hopefully this means we might have another great release of bukkit out soon so we can resume play :D

28. Offline

Kanati

How is 815 working with 1.6.5? When I start 815 it still says it's running 1.6.4. Do I have to open the jar and drop the 1.6.5 jar in somewhere? Or is that message misleading?

29. Offline

hugonoob

NOOO bukkit 4 ever Down =(

30. Offline

xplosion545

I hope we get the build today, I really do.

Rocky likes this.
  31. Offline

OliTheG

Wow. Just wow.

You guys lose online minecraft for THREE DAYS and you turn on each other? You start insulting and picking on people?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Good luck bukkit team, I don't want you to rush this build out.

And I want to end this "beta - leave it - hate it" argument. I've done 5 years of REAL beta testing (Football Manager Live and Lego Universe) to name just two. They wern't bug free, I assure you, but a game breaking bug should be fixed early on.

And notch has been going about his "beta" poorly. If you fix one bug, and create another 1 or 2, sometimes bigger, you should just ditch that coding change and try again. Otherwise you end up in a vicious circle, and a game ridden with bugs.

Multiplayer was fine before. But now it is awful. Notch may have sacrificed it so he can make 1 small change. Thats an overall loss, so he should have just ditched those changes.

You can argue all day that of course it will have bugs because its only a beta, but when you have the amount of bugs minecraft does (and let me put this in comparison. Football manager live worked on several game engines, a hundreds of thousands of combinations, stock markets, automatic letters, training, building projects) actualy had less bugs than MC now in its alpha builds. The whole point of advancing in a beta is to fix bugs, but keep what is working working.

Notch is failing to do something obvious, and that is to keep whats working working, and if a bugfix creates new bugs, ditch it

e_zach and maystorm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.