When is Bukkit 1.6 coming out? - Answer

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by XD 3VIL M0NKEY, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Hi guys,

Before anyone else does this, please DO NOT ask about when the update for Bukkit will be coming out.

The Bukkit team are hard at work in getting you an update ASAP, if you wish to support them, please by all means donate to the Bukkit project, buy them a coffee for all the hard work.

The Bukkit team pride themselves in releasing an update that is safe enough for testing but not safe enough for large servers as usually with a development build the stability is 'It compiles'

Common Questions:

Q: Why can't you give a date for the release?
    A: The reason that the Bukkit team cannot give an estimate for the date of the release is because they have lives, you should not expect a team of people to work constantly for free in order to get you an update for your Bukkit server. Another reason is because an error could crop up at any time and halt the update process, how can the Bukkit team guarantee that the build will work the way they have written it? What about errors, this must all be ironed out before even releasing a 1.6 development build and this

Q: Can I help?
    A: Yes, submit a pull request on Github.

Q: What do I do for now?
    A: Well. You have a number of options, since there is an entirely new launcher for 1.6, that automatically eliminates the possibility of users upgrading and being unable to join the server on 1.5.2, maybe, you can play on 1.5 for a little and wait for Bukkit to push an update.
    You could update your server to 1.6 vanilla and have a play around with the new features.
    You could play some Single player 1.6 to get used to it all.

I hope this will answer some of your many questions, please do not hesitate to post a question in the comments below and I will try to answer.

mbaxter Can I have this thread stickied for the time being please? I'd like to help people out here and relieve the stress on you guys.

Many Thanks,
    Monkey.

noneandnonly, AngryNerd and necrodoom like this.
  2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Good written thread! This is going to help out a lot of people.

Maybe something else to add to it:

"Normally Bukkit releases a compatibility mode pretty fast, sometimes in a day, but you have to remember that this is the compatibility release, so there could be tons of bugs. Sometimes it is best to wait for a build more stable than the first."
    Just a little something to add. :D ~Beast

XD 3VIL M0NKEY likes this.
  3. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Thanks, Added!

4. Offline

LandonTheGeek

5. Offline

Muffin89

So when do they release the new bukkit version?

(Haha, I'm just joking, hope you see this , great post btw but i dont think it will stop people from asking the same question over and over. Though now we can link them to a post that explains it )

6. Offline

LandonTheGeek

7. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Muffin89
    It'll be out in *insert random number here* days.

xXTh3B3astXxify likes this.
  8. Offline

caseif

We need to just have a thread like this stickied every time an MC update is released. It will certainly decrease the number of useless posts made about the topic.

9. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

AngryNerd
    I've asked for this to be stickied, I'll update it every time an update comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.