Solved What Makes A Good Description?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ShadowWizardMC, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

Ok i know this is a really stupid Question and I Should probably just Sit down and Think it over but i need to know what makes a Good Plugin Description or Tips on what i should write. So Far I Have made like 5 Different Plugin descriptions and all got denied.... over and over again. :eek:
    The One description i made kind of long it was rejected for being a big block of text no one would read what do i need to do to make it better and become Acceptable the Plugin has been deleted and i have been told to make it over then request it again. Any Help? [pig]

2. Offline

Chinwe

You need to give a short sentence (or two) about the basic feature of your plugin, then list the commands/permissions (tables look nice), then any further information required about specific features, and a section about the config.yml (if you have one).
    Separate each section with headers and line breaks, and make sure your grammar and spelling is good :)

A shameless example :'(

3. ShadowWizardMC It needs to be simple, short, and when using much text add some images/spacings. Also create diffrent "chapters" where you discuss each part of the plugin, eg: features/commands/permissions/configuration/...
    Also when writing one, go ask your parents/brothers/sisters to read it, ask them if they understand it etc. Remember people don't like much text, most of them don't even read the description but just look at the images.

4. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

How do i make Line Breakers and How do i make a Command table like for stuff to look good.

5. ShadowWizardMC Use safe html or see if BB-code is able to create tables, whitelines should be: <p></p> or &nbsp; (thats what I use in my websites when I want a whitespace)

6. Offline

Muffin89

A tip over all is to Stop Writing With Capital Letters randomly in The Post. Cause it makes some people Like me annoyed. The reason to why is because i always do a full stop at the end of the sentence. If you have capitals on random letters its not smooth to read and it looks terrible.

HeyAwesomePeople and Chinwe like this.
  7. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

Sorry my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.