What kind of plugins will break in 1.8?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by alexmack929, Sep 10, 2011.

?

Do you think the ENDERMEN are going to wreck servers by moving blocks?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2011.
  1. Yes.

18.2%
  2. Nah, we will be fine.

50.9%
  3. Oh god! Don't even MENTION the Endermen to me!

16.4%
  4. Not sure.

14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

alexmack929

Ok, first of all, I do NOT develop plugins, so I have no idea about this and it's probably a stupid question.

Will loads of plugins break in MC 1.8?

Also how long will the craftbukkit update take?

2. Offline

Elmog

Plugins shouldnt break, and craftbukkit updates are usually quick...Usually they will come out with one quickly that is a little buggy, but then will come out with a better one

3. Offline

gameswereus

They only take one block...

4. Offline

Baummann

And this my friend, is why you put a lava moat around your city.

5. Offline

bradgillap

But they can teleport...

6. Offline

TopGear93

my guess plugins that work with (Eating/ fighting / Mobs / Ravines) will end up being extremely faulty. To fix these the author will need to just add the required parts. Basically think this.... Anything that was added to minecraft that makes current things within the game "Better" will create an issue. [GEN] plugins will take the hardest hit becuase of the new map features that were added.

7. Offline

King Rat

I may be mistaken, but as far I know, this is completely wrong.

8. Offline

alexmack929

Yes, but 1 + 1 + 1 + 1.... They could slowly eat through castle Walls...

9. Offline

Lolmewn

To answer your question:
    EVERYTHING WILL BEAREAK!
    nah just kidding ;) The plugins *should* be fine, although the server might be loaded a LOT more.

10. Offline

Kaikz

Any plugin that interfaces with Notchclasses will end up breaking.

11. Offline

Baummann

They don't teleport at all to me. Maybe a bug which is getting fixed in the full release.

12. Offline

Madness

Endermen have spawning limitations like ANY other mob, and are also unable to pick up some blocks (like fences), plus, they die upon touching water, so unless you provoke one into chasing you in a well lit, well fenced location, by opening doors for him while you're at it, he's absolutely no problem.

It's quite ugly tho when they take away logs from existing trees, they should make him more limited on the blocks he picks up.

13. Offline

alexmack929

Oh good! So that's why everytime I see one it's holding grass, not part of my house.

14. Offline

gameswereus

Haha, if that's true, I wouldn't mind personally. I run a PvP server and if someones defenses are broken through, it will add more mayhem to the mix!

15. Offline

alexmack929

I know this is completely off-topic, but since your a developer I had to ask!

Would it be possible to make a plugin that makes Ghasts spawn at night in the overwod and burn in sunlight?

Because I've been looking and looking and can't find any plugins that do the job...

16. Offline

Baummann

Making them spawn is hard, maybe impossible.
    Making them burn in the sunlight shouldn't be too hard.

17. Offline

alexmack929

Oh so making such a plugin is out of the question?

:(

Oh well.

18. Offline

LEOcab

If you don't like endermen... /ban enderman Griefing

Seriously speaking now - WorldGuard will probably have a thingy to disable Endermen map damage, and Essentials (and all other plugins that block mob spawns by type) will add an option to disable all Endermen. ;)

I have creeper terrain damage disabled on my server not because of structure damage (WorldGuard!) but because the area around spawn got filled with ugly craters. I doubt I'll disable Endermen...

19. Offline

heavy1metal

How about you forget to light an area of your house/castle/structure, and the SOB spawns inside... Have a few pig structures that are hollow, and now have random blocks missing lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.