Solved What is wrong?!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PapiDimmi, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PapiDimmi

1. When I type "stop" in the console, it just freezes!
    2. When I started up my server I did /lag (with lagmeter) and I only had 5.0 TPS and normally I have 20.0 TPS! What that means?? What happend?

PS: I've been told NoCheatPlus didn't work (even if I had the correct version)? Should I uninstall it? Idk, please help me ASAP! :'(

Edit: I'm now uninstalling NoCheatPlus and installing AntiCheat. Is that a good idea?

2. Offline

InfectedSword

This is for plugins, not servers. I can't help. :)

3. Offline

PapiDimmi

No it isn't? Wtf, many players posts problems about servers in Bukkit Forums, and have you really read what I wrote about NoCheatPlus?

4. Offline

CorruptedHelix

The first issue is your issue that belongs here. You did, however, bring in a point that didn't belong here and asked us shortly after if installing AntiCheat was a good idea. This is not the place for those questions.

5. Offline

PapiDimmi

CorruptedHelix
    I didn't only ask for that AntiCheat thing, I was wondering WHY I CAN'T STOP MY SERVER and WHY IT IS 5.0 TPS ON STARTUP!!

Anyone?

Please? :'(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  6. Offline

chad53105

7. Offline

PapiDimmi

chad53105
    When I tupe /stop in the console, the console freezes.
    And when I see my current TPS when I just started up my server, I only have 5 instead of 20!

8. Offline

chad53105

Well, i see you are one for getting to the point instead of giving out info. Lets start with the obvious. How is your server hosted? On a laptop or VPS/dedi server?

9. Couple of things.

1. You need to provide a server log, otherwise this will stay a guessing game.

2. Many lag-measure-plugins will not delay start measuring until after startup of the server but start right after enabling the plugin, which means that other plugins get enabled after start of lag-measurement which can still consume tens of seconds. In effect the lag-meter will show something like 0-5 tps. In addition some plugins might do a lot of stuff right after enabling, and also players tend to join in bunches right after restart. A little later the situation should become normal unless your server is in real lag-trouble. Can't tell what the issue is without more information.

3. NoCheatPlus does not work? It roughly has four times the players on servers running it than the next biggest anti hack plugin found on mcstats.org. In terms of number of servers we are like 3000 ahead and we have been releasing only alpha and beta since about 1.4.5. So in essence "does not work" may apply if you don't like it or find it not comfortable to use, but should not be a quick excuse for running outdated versions, for instance :). In fact it would probably not even be wrong to claim that currently NCP looks like the no.1 anti-hack plugin, but that's not what i am aiming at anyway.

chad53105 likes this.
  10. Offline

CorruptedHelix

You should probably provide a plugins list, regarding your TPS issue.

Stop with the caps. Also, I acknowledged that in my post. Point is, they should've been kept separate.

11. Offline

PapiDimmi

12. Offline

CorruptedHelix

Given the amount of plugins that you have, I suggest removing all of your plugins (except Essentials, and ONLY Essentials core). Start up the server. Check if your issues persist. If they do, we'll need to look into this further. If they don't, it's most likely a plugin issue. Add all of your plugins back in small groups of 3 or so, and restart the server each time until your TPS gets the hit it did before. Then you know one of the three plugins you just installed again was the cause and you can further troubleshoot from there by removing one of them until TPS is normal again.

Note that with Essentials, you CAN check your TPS (use /gc or /lag).

13. Offline

Necrodoom

why do you have a folder for each essentials jar..? you didnt extract the jars, did you?

14. Offline

PapiDimmi

No, it just turned that way after installing the Essentials plugins.

Well, now I'm updating all of my plugins again :)

--Bump--
    Aren't it supposed to be like that?

Well, it seems quite better now. Now it's 20.0 TPS like normal and /stop works fine like normal ;)
    I updated all of my plugins, as well removed some and installed some.

Here's my new list of plugins on my server:

[​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  15. Offline

Necrodoom

nope. "essentials" for essentials jars and "groupmanager" for groupmanager. looks like you extracted the jars to me.

16. Offline

PapiDimmi

But I haven't! :eek:

Am I safe to delete the folders?

17. Offline

Necrodoom

yes.

PapiDimmi likes this.
  18. Offline

PapiDimmi

necrodoom
    So I should delete these folders?