Problem/Bug What is wrong with my permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by tonystark812, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tonystark812

When I finished my permissions and restarted my server, my enjin plugin said "Your permissions plugin is not configured correctly. Groups and permissions will not update. Check your server.log for more details." So I went on my console and found the message
    30.06 23:40:21 [Server] INFO Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    what does that mean? I use the PermissionEx plugin. Can you check what is wrong with my permissions?

Attached Files:

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Well first off you can't have characters like ’ in your permissions file. Second, you've posted a permissions.txt file, while the needed file for PEX to read it would be permissions.yml, notice, one is a text file and one is a YAML file. I suggest deleting the permissions.yml file you currently have (while the server is off) then start the server so it'll generate a new one.

Next, I'd like you to add permissions and prefixes using commands in-game. This is so that you do not break the permissions file.

3. Offline

tonystark812

@oceantheskatr
    It was a yml, but i duplicated it and made it a txt so i can upload it for u to see. I don't remember putting a ’ in them, it is probably 'cuz i have a Mac. What commands to I do to set permissions and groups and how do I reset the file that I made so it is back to how it was before I edited it?
    Thanks for replying to me.

Ok, I reset the permissions.yml. but now when I do /pex help it says I don't have enough permissions to do that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Make sure you're either opped or in a group that has permission. I suggest running the command /pex user <user> add * and replace <user> with your username. This will give you permission to everything, even when not opped.

5. Offline

tonystark812

@oceantheskatr
    I tried /pex user <user> add * but it didn't work. It said "I don't have enough permissions to do that."

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Do it from console

7. Offline

tonystark812

I cannot find what commands to use.

8. @tonystark812

9. Offline

tonystark812

10. Offline

oceantheskatr

What command did you want them to be able to do, and which permission node did you give the group?

11. Offline

tonystark812

@oceantheskatr

I created a group called Helper, with the permissions to kick, ban, mute, ext. I dont know what a permission node is.

12. Offline

oceantheskatr

A permission node would be essentials.ban, essentials.unban, or any other plugin's permissions.

13. Offline

tonystark812

I gave them the BC.* permission. but it didnt work

14. Offline

oceantheskatr

And what plugin has the bc.* permission node?

15. Offline

tonystark812

16. Offline

oceantheskatr

That looks hella outdated. It is possible that the plugin doesn't work anymore.

17. Offline

tonystark812

@oceantheskatr
    Do you know a plugin that is like that, and not outdated?

Because I am really short on plugins and i'm not good at picking then

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

oceantheskatr

Essentials is the most popular essential commands plugin. It seems to have all the commands that BaseCommands does, and more!

If you're on 1.8 or higher, get Essentials here:
    https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/

If you're on 1.7.10 or lower, get Essentials here:
    http://tiny.cc/EssentialsZipDownload

I suggest you get Essentials, EssentialsChat, and EssentialsSpawn. That'll be all you need.

You can find permissions and commands for Essentials at this link:
    http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
    If you don't have any further questions, make sure to mark this thread as solved. You can see my signature for more info on how & when to mark your thread as solved.

19. Offline

tonystark812

@oceantheskatr
    Thanks! but how do I download them? They are just test results to me.

20. Offline

oceantheskatr

If you're on 1.8 and went to the SpigotMC link then click on Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar and same with the ones for EssentialsChat and EssentialsSpawn.

If you clicked the TinyCC link, that's the official link for Essentials for 1.7.2-1.7.10 servers. It will download a zip file and you can get those three mentioned plugins from in there.

21. Offline

tonystark812

ok, thanks! just a question, do you have a server? and if you do, can i use YOUR permissions.yml file?

@oceantheskatr
    And what are the permissions and commands of Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar???

22. Offline

oceantheskatr

I do run a server, and I use GroupManager. Therefore I do not have a permissions.yml file. If even I did, I would most certainly not give it out for people to just use. Take a bit of time and make your server unique. Also, I already gave you a link to permissions and commands, read up in the thread.

23. Offline

tonystark812

ok, but what is group manager?

24. Offline

oceantheskatr

GroupManager is a plugin that allows you to manage player groups, permissions, prefixes/suffixes, etc. much like PermissionsEx and other permission plugins.

25. Offline

tonystark812

Ohhhh, okay! I think this thread is solved, just ONE more question..... Can you recommend the basic and best plugins for a server?

26. Offline

oceantheskatr

You can just Google that ;) It all depends on what type of server you want to have! :)

27. Offline

tonystark812

When I add a prefix or suffix, it doesn't change it.

28. Offline

tonystark812

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.