What is the worst that can happen if I update my server to 1.0.0?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by RG_PankO, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RG_PankO

I am always updatin from one RB to another.

ATM I am still on 1.8.1, lates RB.

I was wandering - if I don't want to wait more for RB on 1.0.0 with latest bukkit dev build - 1550 what is the worst thing that can happen?
    A world can broke down and don't load up again? Are there exploits that can ruine the economy of my server?
    Are all the plugins from 1.8.1 working on 1.0.0 1550 bukkit?
    I am using lots of plugins, around 70, but the most inportant ones are like essentials, permissions, multiworld managment, iconomy - are atleast these working normally at 1550?

2. Offline

andrewkm

It can/may cause a massive failiure in power resulting in an oversized electromagnetic explosion at the datacenter its hosted at which in turn may lead to a massive outbreak of devbuilgitis resulting in wide spread paranoia/mutation disease; which ultimately may lead to the end of our civilization. Taking this into consideration I suggest you wait for a proper rb.
    Or you can just run the dev versions like I have for over a week now with not a single issue, as well I have all the plugins you listed in perfect working order.

3. Offline

mindless728

data corruption in the map and/or plugin files

4. Offline

Nathan C

Who cares if it corrupts.

That is what backups are for!

5. Offline

erdrickk

I am running Bukkit #1550 with 44 people online currently and these plugins... My server has never been more stable!

18:05:34 [INFO] Plugins: Questioner, Runecraft, FalseBookCore, BlockHat, bAntiCaps, HeroChat, PermissionsEx, WorldGuard, Vault, Minequery, FoodFiller, FalseBookExtra, AutoSave, CommandBook, FalseBookIC, FalseBookBlock, Spout, iConomy, mcMMO, UnderWaterTorch, SimpleCensor, War, SimpleNews, WorldEdit, RawcriticsOreObfuscationPluginSpout, LWC, GlowHat, NoDeathMessage, NoCheat, Permissions, LWC-Economy, dynmap, WorldBorder, ecoCreature, Citizens, ChestShop, LogBlock, WormholeXTreme, TownyChat, MobArena, Dynmap-Towny, VanishNoPacket, Jobs, DeathTpP

6. Offline

Hugo2dog

Multiworld managment - unless creator updates to build specified , it will not understand ....._the_end, and could send you an error, it will not corrupt your worlds, just might make them unaccessable.

7. Offline

strontkever

did u start on a fresh map? because my server keeps randomly freezing since 1.0
    im using the old map

8. Offline

erdrickk

Yes I started with a new map, used a world border and generated all the chunks to begin with to reduce lag.

9. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

OT: As always, backup your world/s if you think it might fail, if you don't think it might, you shouldn't be running a server. ALWAYS BACKUP!!!

gameswereus and Atraius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.