What Is The New Mainstream Permission Plugin To Use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Junrall, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Junrall

Hi All...

I've been using Permissions (Yeti and earlier) for some time now. My concern is that it hasn't been updated in a long while and seems to have been sliding down in to oblivion.

What would you suggest for a permissions plugin? Which is supported most by plugin authors? And which is most backward compatible for Permissions (Yeti) supported plugins?

Thanks!

2. Offline

c0mp

I've had great luck with the official PermissionsBukkit plugin. Even plugins that have not been updated to be compatible can still work with the BukkitPermsBridge plugin and some minor edits to the affected permission nodes.

3. Offline

Matt Gill

I think that one stopped being made once the official permissions came out. I've been using Permissions (Yeti) the whole time I've had my server. I plan on switching to the official permissions once 1.8.1 has a recommended build.

4. Offline

jefe323

I use bPermissions, but I've also heard good things about PermissionsEX (both are backwards compatible with Yeti's Permissions)

5. Offline

TheBeast808

I've been using 2.7.4 of Permissions for months, but I decided it was time to switch. My version was so outdated that I had to convert it to Permissions 3.1.4 first, then change it to bPermissions. I can't comment on how bPermissions is, however, because I'm waiting for a RB to deploy it.

6. Offline

nichiatu

PermissionsEx is what I use, it's pretty much THE permissions plugin we all should use.

7. Offline

Kaikz

PermissionsEx is the way to go. Has everything you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.