What is Factions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xbenas, Nov 7, 2013.

?

Do You run Factions plugin on Your server?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xbenas

Players keep raving about how cool the Factions plugin is, but I don't see how come simple clan prefix + some simple (Essentials) permissions combo is not sufficient.
    Explain Factions to me.
    What is it?
    What it's for?
    What are "the rules" (a.k.a. how the plugin works, not the permissions, configuration, but pure gameplay side)?
    How do they work?

Please just say practical info, I don't need fancy 5 page descriptions.

2. Offline

LHammonds

Factions and similar plugins (Towny) allow players to protect their land to prevent griefing. It puts anti-griefing control in the hands of the players and not have to rely on staff.

That is their primary purpose but there are a lot of options/features with them and the owner can configure them just about any way they want.

If the server owner wants to setup their server for just builders, the factions plugin can be configured where power is never reduced upon death...thus making it impossible to "raid" land by overclaiming it. Block damage from TNT and creepers can be turned off using Worldguard. Or you can allow wars to break out and let land get overclaimed.

It basically frees the staff from having to deal with griefing and doing rollbacks and such. If you want to prevent griefing, run your own faction and run it well.

LHammonds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.